1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Got a call today from the Better Business Bureau...

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by kirkmbrown2001, Aug 11, 2011.

1. kirkmbrown2001

kirkmbrown2001 LawnSite Senior Member

I got a call today from a guy that works for the BBB. He said that someone tried yesterday to search on their website (bbb.org) to see if I was a BBB Accredited business. So he called me and tried to get me to become accredited. I told him I am not interested.

My questions:
    1. Is any LCO on here BBB Accredited?
    2. If so, have you gained any business from it?
    3. How much money is it? Nothing is free!

2. PROCUT1

PROCUT1 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from TN

In my opinion it means nothing. Just another thing to ask for money
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. JDT Property Care

JDT Property Care LawnSite Member

They called me last year a couple times.. I went as far as them telling me what it would cost me to become a member. It was over 300 dollars... I didn't see it being a good investment at the time.
  4. ptjackson

ptjackson LawnSite Member

honestly the BBB almost seems like a racket to met. They solicit complaints from the public then want you to pay to be accredited?
  5. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

Dont walk................ Runnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

DIXIECONTRACTING LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

F*** the BBB I turned them down and the guy got really nasty with me saying he would report me ( to who I don't know and for what I am not sure ) I promptly hung up on him and reported him to my local police for harassment.

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

I got a call from them a few weeks ago as well, He told me they were doing checks on local businesses and noticed i dont have any complaints to them ( which he said was amazing) and wanted me to sign up to be accredited, It cost nearly $500 bucks to get the sticker saying im BBB accredited. And also said if i sign up they will fight for me and try and resolve any future complaints people might have with me, So it doesn't affect my rating.

I told them to call me back later when i was out of work, They called later that night but i never answered the phone.
  8. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

I fell for their sales pitch once , never again. Then again Im stupid enough to have made a purchase from california contractors supply too.
  9. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

HEY: thanks for the post.....

I like that. NEVER tell everythig you know.
  10. allinearth

allinearth LawnSite Senior Member

BBB is a SCAM, period. You can buy a better grade.