1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

got a donaldson air filter system for my kaw today

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by P&J Lawncare, May 4, 2002.

1. P&J Lawncare

P&J Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

When I got home today I had a present from hustler sitting on my back porch and much to my delight it was the new air filter system made for kawasaki's. I put it on tonite it took alot longer to install (1.5 hours) than the one I put on my kohler (I even had to change the jets in the carb) but its worth it just to know that I dont have clean my air filter every morning. I can't wait to see if my kawasaki runs any stronger tomorrow. I haven't heard of any one having this system for the kaws yet and was wondering if any one else has one yet.
  2. SLS

SLS LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mars

Right on!!!

What size/horsepower Kawasaki did you install it on?
  3. HLC

HLC LawnSite Member

Hey Hustler.......Where's mine?

Was this something you had to request or did it just get sent to ya.............If so, refer to my first statement.........Joe
  4. P&J Lawncare

25 horse kawasaki and I requested it even before I bought the mower.
  5. GCS LawnService

GCS LawnService LawnSite Member

P&J Lawncare

What was the cost of the air filter system? I have a new John Deere 757 with a 25 hp Kawasaki and I am in the market for an air filter system. Did you purchase it from your Hustler dealer? I am definately interested in your reply. Thanks in advance.

6. P&J Lawncare

I don't know the price it was sent to me from hustler, it had my dealers name on the box so I am assuming that he ordered it for me and just had it sent to my house. I can tell you that it helped alot today especially in the thick grass it kept my rpm's up.
  7. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

The price is $149.00. Plus installation, if done at the dealer.
    The reason I say this is because it is not just a bolt on filter kit.
    You must change the jetting on the carburetor.
    Depending on what model Z or Super Z you have you will have to either change the jetting or on older models you may have to change the carburetor.
    On Super Z's you will have to drill some holes in the spoiler
    On Hustler Z's you need to mount a frame for the air cleaner to mount to.
    I have a bulletin covering all of this with pictures, it is in adobe pdf format I can e-mail it to anyone interested.
    These kits are upgrades, they will at one time be on all Hustler Z's and Super Z's when Kawasaki can supply the engines the way we need them. Of course when that happens the price of the mower will go up accordingly.
    P&J you must have told Jack that you wanted it before you bought the mower, because he built the price of this kit into your sale price.

8. HLC

HLC LawnSite Member

I am interested in putting one on my Z that I purchased last week and the one my dad bought the week before. He has the 23hp and I have the 25hp. If you could email that info to me I would appreciate it. Thanks.......Joe
  9. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

E-mail me and I will return with the bulletin attached as a adobe pdf file.
    Anyone wanting this can e-mail me @ hustler@twcny.rr.com