Got a fs80r today

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by S man, Apr 2, 2007.

1. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

Well, I was getting tired of my redmax, being that it is my main dedicated trimmer I bought an fs80r to replace it. The redmax has major head issues with the string. It will be a back up now. Well here are some pics.

Also is it easy and worth putting the steel shaft in the fs80??

IMG_0086.jpg

IMG_0087.jpg

IMG_0088.jpg

IMG_0089.jpg

2. haybaler

haybaler LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

I hate to say it but I bought one new last year and hate it. the carb was way to rich from day one and after a week completely clogged the spark arester screen. cleaned that out adjusted carb, new plug and the things never been right. I only use it as a backup now. I brought it back to the dealer the first time and set it on the counter and he was on the phone and he wouldn't even look at me, i walked out and have never been back. Husky 326L is the way to go for trimming and the Stihl 110R for bigger jobs.

3. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

Well I've used a few of them a while back and they never gave me trouble. I like stihl units. they have power and no vibs.
    The thing is also you have to run it wide open most of the time. the guy starting it up took the screen out right there.

4. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Good buy! i LOVE my stihl pro series engine....NEVER any trouble what so ever! Don't worry about the solid shaft as long as you don't plan on having any attachments on it

5. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

I am either gonna be getting one of them or a Husq. 323L here in the next month or so.

6. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

I can see you treat your tools with care, you even bring them inside.:)
    Nice buy

7. HiTECH

HiTECH LawnSite Member

Why wouldnt you just take the screen out, we take the screens out of all our stihl equip. Never had any problems with ours equipment either

8. haybaler

haybaler LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

be very carefull running that thing with no spark arester screen. It is very possible to catch dry leaves or wood siding on fire.

9. grassmanak

grassmanak LawnSite Senior Member

i have a Husky 323 and its been great, bought it new last season and not one problem. It even fell off the trailer once but still runs great.

10. puddin' pie

puddin' pie LawnSite Member

i love my stihls. i have about 9 now (3)fs55r,fs74r,(2)fs85r,fs110rx,fs200r and a fs250r. i like the fs55 for new workers.