1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Got a job offer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Kbota, Aug 5, 2014.

1. 205mx

205mx LawnSite Silver Member

If you're hungry - yes
    If you're busy- $450-500
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Golfpro21

Golfpro21 LawnSite Senior Member

well said, so many people think EOW is cheaper

3. Golfpro21

Golfpro21 LawnSite Senior Member

as soon as you mentioned it was "wet" I instantly thought you will have a nasty time cutting"

4. RonWin

RonWin LawnSite Senior Member

Why not? If you need the cash and have the time. I took on an account of a lady that lives out in the country, less than 10 minutes out from my regular mowing route when I was already full on friday, why? Because I told her that if she didn't mind me mowing at 630 am I wouldn't have a problem adding her. By the time I'm done I'm alrdy on schedule to mow my first client at a reasonable time. Takes an hour and it gets me $110. I'm making $ before most people are even out of bed, Early birds get the worm.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. 205mx

205mx LawnSite Silver Member

You have worms?
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Mobius396

Mobius396 LawnSite Member

Eats worms?
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Kbota

Kbota LawnSite Member

Lessee Ron....uhm; you- 1 hour = $110. Me -8 hours = $250. I like your math way better. ;)

8. mag360

mag360 LawnSite Silver Member

Shows the value of the test run, or at least seeing the property in person, over the google earth approach. I would have guessed it to be profitable as a weekly account. We have several in that range that range from 2.5-4.5 man hours. I wonder if the owner was honest about the acreage

9. Outlawn

Outlawn LawnSite Senior Member

How often? Buy a $100 battery powered string trimmer and trim trees and what not as you go
    Posted via Mobile Device