Got a Lazer...pics soon

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LawnBoy89, Dec 17, 2005.

1. LawnBoy89

LawnBoy89 LawnSite Senior Member

Hey boys, well I bought that Lazer that I was talking about, I'm not sure of the year, but it's got a 60'' TriVantage deck on it and a little over 2000 hours, great condition. I love it let me tell you rain came down yesterday and all the snow was mostly off my front yard so of course I had to cut it. I'm releived to say that I don't have trouble turning around and ripping up the turf even though it was wet and thawing out. I'll take some pics tommorow because my camera takes the darkest pics I'll wait till there is some sun.

I CAN"T WAIT FOR SPRING!

2. Signature Landscaping1

Signature Landscaping1 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

Congrats 2000 hours? If you dont mind me asking, how much you pay?

3. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

:) That is a good mower, it's an older one with the trivantage deck, just a heads up, I would be looking fo some avenues of replacement for that motor, 2000hrs is quite a bit, and i would not expect a whole lot more out of it if your doing any kind of volume, until then I would change the oil at half the regular interval, about 15 hours.

Also I would not push the mower too hard, like cuttting super tall grass, or running it for extended periods in 95+ degree weather, without a break.
    If you baby it you should get a few hundred hours out of it, maybe a season.

4. KathysLGC

KathysLGC LawnSite Bronze Member

Man too bad I didn't know you where looking for one. I have a 2000 as well that i might be selling. It's got the 25hp with almost 1000 hours on it. I put the stripe kit on it too. I'd like to buy near next season and I might be going with Ferris.

Congrats on the new mower. How much did you pay for it? I saw a few cheap ones in the bargain news.

5. LawnBoy89

LawnBoy89 LawnSite Senior Member

I bought it for $3,000 plus what the guy paid for the tuneup that he had right before he sold it to me which was $563. So it cost me $3,563 total. I know the guy and how he treats his equipment which is why I bought it from him. Playboy, what are you looking for your mower?

6. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Hey, whatever floats your boat if you are happy. But I agree with the others as it was also the first thing that hit me. I hope that you didn't pay very much for it because 2,000 hours even if it has been wonderfully maintained and had every single recommended service, if it is air cooled it is still near the end of the engine life at miniuim and probably many other parts as well. Like others said BABY it and maybe your be okay for a while but I suspect you'll be spending at least another $2K on it shortly.

7. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Almost $3,600.00!! Wow, your parents should have stepped in and stopped you from spending that kinda money on this mower cause you got robbed then with 2,000 hours on it! I would have question you bought it for $2,000 at the most and would have stilled questioned it that was even a good deal considering. I'd also bet the farm that the "reason" he had that $563 service was to "hide" any issues so to speak.

8. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

$3500 for a 2000-hour Lazer Z? Joolly Mon!!!
    It is an internally beat-up near the end of life of engine and parts. Down here any commercial rider has over 1800 hrs will fetch at best $1500 cause everybody knows that you will spend additional a lot replacing engine and PARTS & LABOR.
    Good Luck anyway for your purchase.
    Best regards.

9. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

LawnBoy--congrats on your purchase. I hope you enjoy it and I'll bet it'll do fine.

GEO

10. Tadams

Tadams LawnSite Senior Member

I think that you will be happy with the mower! 2000 hrs is not a lot of hours for a Lazer. You may have some problems later but everybody has problems sooner or later.

I don't know why everyone is bashing your decision to buy a mower with 2000hours on it. If you are happy with then that is all that matters! I don't think you asked anyones opinion about the price that you paid for it.

I've got a friend that has 2 60" lazers and they are OLD. One has a 23 horse motor with the half inch increment adjustments for the deck height ( not 1/4 inch like the newer ones ) and one w/ a 25 hp motor on it. On the 23hp the hour meter stopped at 1800 hrs. That was 2 years ago!! The 25 hp has an UV bagger on it that gets used half as much. The 23 hp is his main mower.He has about 55-60 accounts. He leaves these mowers out on his trailer all yr long in the rain, snow, sleet and whatever else. He has had only minor problems out of it and it still cuts and runs like a champ. This was one of the reasons that I bought a Lazer.