1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Got a New Chevy run around truck today!

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by retrodog, May 14, 2008.

1. retrodog

retrodog LawnSite Silver Member

Finally got a new truck today, had to switch from a V6 and step up to the V8 to pull my landscape trailers. 2008 Chevy 1500 V8 tinted windows, painted emblems, billet grill, tow package all for $16000 out the door! I like to post stuff like this so you guys don't get ripped when you buy new trucks! I have heard what dealers in other areas are charging for their trucks!! These trailers sell for $1095 if anyone was wondering, and I put 24s on it to dress it up a little.

new truck 001.jpg

new truck 002.jpg
  2. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale LawnSite Senior Member

Dress it up a bit? Thats a Jesse James Special. Your clients ever complain about your pricing being high, and you driving around in a blinged out truck? Those rims and tires probably cost you more than your trailer.
  3. retrodog

retrodog LawnSite Silver Member

$2000 shipped to my door with tires balanced and mounted with lugs and all...lol I won't say where I got them though, cause then everyone would have my rims!! I have had 3 of my clients buy lawnmowers from me, they realized how much it was costing them a month compared to what the payments on a mower would be...lol. You win some and you lose some...oh well
  4. cutedge

cutedge LawnSite Member

$2000 on those wheels, joking, right?
  5. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

IMO, it looks tacky, but thats just me. those low profile tires are gonna die under the load of towing.
  6. hosejockey2002

hosejockey2002 LawnSite Bronze Member

Decent little work truck, but lose the rims. You want to look professional, not ghetto.
  7. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

Very nice Truck, I personally don't like the rims but thats me, glad your happy
  8. AndyTblc

AndyTblc LawnSite Fanatic

How in the heck did you get a brand new truck for $16000?
  9. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

I like the truck, you got a good deal on it, but the ghetto rims have GOT to GO.

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

Those rims look very unprofessional. It would be different if they were just some conservative 20" chrome rims but those rims just look ugly in my opinion. But to each is own.