Got a new Gravely today

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by D&K Lawns, Apr 28, 2011.

1. D&K Lawns

D&K Lawns LawnSite Member

Picked it up today.

2. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

nice, but looks like you have a new vantage too, i would like that more. we have grandstands and i am even starting to want to switch more of my lawns to them as they just cut supreme. i know the exmark does too
  3. D&K Lawns

yes the vantage cut quality is great. got the gravely for athletic fields that we mow.
  4. Sammy

Sammy LawnSite Bronze Member

Does this mean you are not getting the 720 Deere ?
  5. Southern Pride

Southern Pride LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Memphis

Good choice I used to run a lawn company for an older guy who had Gravely 48 ztr & 36 w/b. He never did any maintenance unless I did it. (1 oil change in 2 years) lol and I was ab 18 years old. I beat the hell out of those mowers, and they never had a problem. Half the time I wish they'd break so I wouldn't have to work for that guy, but they always fired up. This is why I say nice choice, but I spy another mower on that trailer that I'd kill for :D

6. Southern Pride

Southern Pride LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Memphis

D&K, I also spy that hedge trimmer holder. How do you like it? Does it hold it pretty steady even over bumps and what not? I was thinking about getting one of these but wanted some experienced opinions...

Where to buy?
    Last and but not least, is it lockable?
  7. D&K Lawns

Sammy, my neighbor talked me into going to the gravely dealer nearby and danged if I didn't end up with the pro turn. Dealer was just great. Gave me a great price. $7500. Couldn't refuse that.
    Southern pride, I love the hedge trimmer holder. A single bungee holds it fine. Never had any issue with it. And yes the Vantage is SWEET! Got it two weeks ago. The cut is awesome.
  8. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Are you one of those guys who gets all new equipment every year?
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2011
  9. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

You are going to find the xfactor deck cuts just about as good as the ultracut AND the deck NEVER needs to be cleaned out. One of the best decks I have ever cut with.
  10. andyreed

andyreed LawnSite Member
    from Iowa

You will love it. I just got one this year, and after 11 hours it has been flawless. The cut is great even in thick spring growth with minimal build up on the deck. Good choice.