Got a new lawnmower

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by CoreyD, Mar 28, 2007.

1. CoreyD

CoreyD LawnSite Member

ok well my stepdad was at an auction yesterday and a 48" Cub Cadet Zero turn mower comes up for bids it has 80 hours on it.... its in perfect condition he bought it for $1800 of course im going to have to pay him back ..... but is that one hell of a deal or what?

2. Mr Priceless

Mr Priceless LawnSite Senior Member

....was it commercial? if not, you can sell it for profit:clapping:

3. CoreyD

CoreyD LawnSite Member

its a gasoline motor.... so i think that makes it residential.... i may be wrong but ive been told the ones with diesel motors are considered commercial

4. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

i believe the Tank series are commercial.

5. Mr Priceless

Mr Priceless LawnSite Senior Member

actually most lcos that i know of run gasoline engines on their commercial ZTRs....it just really depends on the density of the steel going into the build of a mower as well as the quality/ruggedness of spindles, decks, drive system, etc. that also contribute to the recommended duty of any mower.

Scag for example uses nearly 1/2" thick steel for their cutting decks, roller bearing spindles, larger cc hydro pumps, drive shaft, and either Kawasaki or Kohler brand GASOLINE engines to power the beast (with the exception of 35HP Briggs or 31Hp daihstsu diesel)....and all scag mowers are commercial quality:weightlifter:

6. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

You guys are killing me.:laugh:

7. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: