got a new m60 today

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Evans Lawn Service, Oct 26, 2007.

1. Evans Lawn Service

Evans Lawn Service LawnSite Member

OK...i have a question for all you tank owners. it only has 0.5 hours on the hour meter i could read the owners manual all night but i want to know what to watch for ......like when i run the 27hp Kohler what is the best way to break every thing in. and do i need to break the hydros in. i just want to ask the real world lco's about this....and if you could think of any thing Else it would be greatly appreciated :)

2. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

usually what I do is, right after getting one, I completly warm the motor up, then let it cool down completly, then do it again and a again, 3-4 times. Change oil for the 1st time at 10-15 hours, then every 80-100 hours. Hydro, I change the filter and top off oil at 50 hours, then probably drop and change the oil/filter at 80-100 hours, then go by the book. I have always pick the mower up from the dealer, in the early afternoon, thus I can do this. If yours is a 07 cub, like my newest one, I'm going to use syn oil in the hydro's, basically because of the lesser amount then the older 2+ gallon, mowers ones.

3. Evans Lawn Service

ok ...thank you for your time i have one more question do i run the motor wide open when mowing or do i hold back the throttle a little....yes it is a 07

4. Evans Lawn Service

sorry..adding to the last post...... for the break in of the motor wfo or not and if not then for how long (hours) wise untill wfo all the time

5. wriken

I vary the rpm's till motor is completly warmed up

6. wriken

I do the warming up, say 3-4 times, then its wfo, cuz it will be on the turf by then.