Got a new trencher!

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by ACP Services, Jan 28, 2014.

1. agrostis

agrostis LawnSite Silver Member

I have seen irrigation trenched like in the first picture but that's the exception. The normal scene is like in the second picture.

oTNd3Zpjf43IIDERJgic.jpg

6-13-e.JPG

2. ACP Services

ACP Services LawnSite Member

Yes I believe that is correct, a crew of migrant workers is the normal process! Lol:drinkup:

3. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

How many installers in the south are employing a sod cutter during installs?

4. agrostis

agrostis LawnSite Silver Member

I don't know, but i do, almost every time, at least on the golf course.

5. NC_Irrigator

NC_Irrigator LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

We offer cutting up sod as an "extra line item" on some of our quotes.

Especially zoysia yards and centipede, which can be slow to mend.

6. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

I've thought about that when I can't get the plow
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. ACP Services

Around here in Texas, if I am doing a new install rest assured preservation of the sod isn't an issue, the lawn will be dead. 110 degree summers will do that if there isn't an existing irrigation system.

8. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation LawnSite Silver Member

If you looked at the long term , and factored in , labor to fill in the trench , the added time saving of plowing , the minimal restoration , and the over all quality look of the finished job , a plow is a better deal at twice the price . Mine was $ 23,000 brand new , bought it in 1983 , still running it today . How much money has it made me ? Gobs .

9. ACP Services

I agree the plow seems to be the better deal on all fronts. But it was not an option for me en at this juncture. But it really isn't to big of a deal because not one single irrigator in my immediate area uses one. So it's not like that will be an excluding factor. Maybe, I can upgrade after paying on this for a while. :)

10. greenmonster304

greenmonster304 LawnSite Gold Member

Hey MD, do you have any interest in an early model B30? It runs but it is a little rough around the edges. Maybe for parts.
    Posted via Mobile Device