Got a new truck so i'll share

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by kc2006, Jun 15, 2004.

1. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

Well the little s10 i have just isn't doing it anymore so I was looking for a good deal on a truck and i found this. Its a 96 f250 with the 7.3 powerstroke turbo diesel, its the xlt decked out has gooseneck hitch, regular hitch, electric brake set up. It does have 239,000 miles but it has records from the original purchase of 3000 mile oil changes and every other thing done to it since then. I'm a chevy guy so this is strange having a ford but it was dirt cheap so I couldn't pass it up. My brother is making signs up for it so it'll be all pretty ready for work soon. Just wanted to share because its so pretty :D

2. kc2006

And another pic

3. Gilla Gorilla

Gilla Gorilla LawnSite Senior Member

Nice truck. With the proper maintenance I have seen these trucks go well into 300,000 plus miles.

You will love the power that it has over a gas motor and also the fuel mileage

4. kc2006

yea it needs a new fuel filter because its only getting about 14 mpg. I checked and the filter is really dirty just the parts store deosnt have one in stock so they had to order it. The truck really gets it with the turbo I was suprised at the power it had for such a big truck.

5. CJ GreenScapes

CJ GreenScapes LawnSite Member
    from AL

I'm a Chevy guy too, but that is a nice looking Ford. You should be pleasantly surprised with the power difference under a load. Congratulations!

6. jccordes2

jccordes2 LawnSite Member

What did you pay?

7. kc2006

$5900, just needed new brakes and ball joints, brakes were pretty easy, ball joints is a fairly big job but not that bad, i'm not working today because i have to finish the passenger sides ball joints. I'm suprised how ford does stuff, so far all the things i've had to do were fairly easy, the brakes are alot simpler compaired to chevy's.

8. FreshCuts

FreshCuts LawnSite Member

Nice looking truck. I am looking for something similar to keep hooked to the trailer and not wear out my new truck. I have always been a Ford man myself and one reason is the ease of maintenance and the dependabilty. I think you will be happy with it.

9. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

nice looking truck..put that to work beside you :) j/k

10. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

I didn't think diesels got oil changes every 3000 miles. I guess I really don't know, but that is what I thought I was told at some point.

Nice truck.

Derek