Got a new truck

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by 944own, Nov 23, 2011.

1. mlavin73

mlavin73 LawnSite Member

Great find and good luck with it. I keep toying with the idea of purchasing or building a vehicle like that. I currently have a Ford pickup and enclosed trailer. Unfortunatly I cannot fit all my mowers (on the rare occassion I would need all of them). Would be nice to have a unit that I can just throw a mower or two on and not have to worry about an employee driving with a trailer. Especially during fall cleanups when my pickup is pulling my vacuum and dump trailer. Would be nice to not have 2 trucks and 2 trailers. Good luck with it.

2. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

3. 944own

944own LawnSite Bronze Member

I have seen that paint local. Did you just use black I sort of like that green on these trucks.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. THIESSENS TLC

THIESSENS TLC LawnSite Senior Member

looks sweet! definitely better than hauling a trailer IMO!

5. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

I just used black.

6. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

itll be much easier not pulling a trailer with you everywhere you go. congrats on the new truck

7. RLS24

RLS24 LawnSite Bronze Member

looks nice! another great paint for such a job is the Valspar Tractor and Implement paint with the Enamel Hardener. They sell it at Tractor Supply, I used it on my dump trailer and my rear plow and its VERY durable. It goes on really thick and can get a little messy putting it on (with a brush), but it hardens up REAL good and wont scratch. $50 for a gallon and I did my whole dump trailer with it 2 coats so that should be enough to do your truck body.

8. 944own

I dropped the truck off at my transmission shop I use this morning. They have not called me yet with a final verdict but I will update the thread when I find out the damage.LOL

9. MDLawn

MDLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

There is a guy around my area that has a truck setup like that but has what looks like a 3-4ft wide side dump mechanism between the cab and deck, or just an open metal box. Probably to load grass into. Another I've has full sides (made of plywood) for hauling other bulk stuff I guess. If I ever had to purchase a dedicated truck I think I'd like that SNG system so one truck could have a deck like that for mowing, then a dump, and whatever else you need. Only need to insure one truck rather than three.

But for mowing only that is a good setup unless, as someone else stated, you need to haul 3 or more mowers. Good find!

10. 944own

Well the truck should be out of the transmission shop tomorrow. I ended up having to get it rebuilt and it was a bit more than 1k. It is gonna be more like $1700 but that is with a warranty for a year. I have had them do 2 others for me and I have not had to take one back yet (knock on wood). I ended up buying some valspar tractor paint in john deere green at tractor supply for the bed. I will post pics after I get it painted.