1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Got a new truck

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by 944own, Nov 23, 2011.

1. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

wow nice truck man! that's cool you never have to back down the ramp :laugh: you can just spin around and go down. there's a big company here that has alot of trucks just like that. i'd love to have one myself. maybe one day i'll find a good one. the green looks great.
  2. 944own

944own LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks man have you been doing ok?
  3. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

yeah i got up to about 20 customers this past year but a few of them moved and such...i have about 15 regular customers. i guess that's ok for my first year :laugh: i'm hoping to add to that this coming year. be starting back up again in about 2 1/2 months. i already have a few leads for the coming year. one is a lady who's yard i cut last year when her lawncare person went into the hospital or something. i only cut it one time but she said i did a much better job and she liked me and would probably call me next year. she wanted to let that guy finish out the year. it's a big place with 3 acres of grass....then another lady that cut my hair said she needed someone to cut her 4 acre yard next year so she took my business card. i'm hoping they call. that will get me off to a good start for 2012.
  4. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

We have been looking at these also. I wonder if it would be possible to build some compartments under the bed to hold blowers? I really like the dark green color nice buy.
  5. 944own

Thats good to hear I have around 30 regular mainly weekly's and a friend of mine that has a full time job but cuts grass on the side is quitting his regular job to go through a lineman's training so he is gonna give me his 15 accts so I will be up to around 45 a couple he is giving me are like 4 or 5 acres each and around $250 a cut so that will be cool. Good luck this year picking up more.
  6. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

I hope your friend is a fairly big guy cause that lineman work ain't no joke been there done that, not for me.
  7. 944own

I know what you mean and he has a great job around $20/hr and has been there a good while but I think he is just burnt out and wants a change. He is in good shape so I know he can do it.
  8. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

wow that's awesome. i had a guy that said he might give me his accounts if he got a raise at work. he also does lawnmowing on the side. i don't know if he's got the raise yet though :laugh:
  9. Paragon Ridge

Paragon Ridge LawnSite Member

that paint job looks great! How many hours did it take you to paint it? I'm thinking of painting my 16ft dump bed.
  10. xclusive

xclusive LawnSite Bronze Member

Paint job looks great. It looks like the same color I had my body painted.