1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

got a question

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by huskymower, Nov 27, 2005.

1. huskymower

huskymower LawnSite Member

what do you think is the best form of advertisment in your opinion your suggestions will be appriciated

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Signs on a flat bed or a super sharp box trailer we get a lot of looks and calls on these.
  3. garth1967

garth1967 LawnSite Senior Member

local paper has been the best for me
  4. METRO 36

METRO 36 LawnSite Senior Member

sign's on truck's,local paper, but your best is going to be word of mouth.
    do a good job they will tell 5-10 people. do a bad job they will tell 20-30
    people remember that.
  5. MowerMoney

MowerMoney LawnSite Senior Member

The signage on the sides of my enclosed trailer have gotten me several jobs but the meat of business was made from door hangers. I've also tried the unaddressed admail fliers with a little success. Also tried newspaper ads with very little success. I've noticed some of my competition ran their newspaper ads all year long. I have to assume that they weren't getting much business so they continued the ad hoping to get more.
    The door hangers gave me 75% of my starting business. Make them look professional and use as much color as you can afford. I even put my picture on them. A lot of people like to see who they will be dealing with. Maybe you don't want to do this if you're ugly LOL :rolleyes: Only problem is that you have to do a lot of legwork to get them distributed and once you get busy, you have no time. Now I get a lot of business from referrals. It pays to do good work. And you don't have to be the cheapest.
  6. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

MowerMoney, do you have a copy of those door hangers you could post so we could see what you did with yours? Thanks
  7. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

hands down...word of mouth