got a quistion

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by zim bob the landscaper, Feb 5, 2006.

1. zim bob the landscaper

zim bob the landscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

i was at home depot today i saw a cub cadet and a toro residancial zero turn i was wondering if i should get one and use it for a few years and save up for a commercial zero turn. the cubcadet is a 50" 22hp kawi goes 5mph $2999.99
    and the toro is 18hp 38" dont know the speed $2599.99. should i get if so which one.

2. zim bob the landscaper

oh crap this is suposed to be in the commercial lawn mowing forum.

3. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

Zimbob, are you using it for commercial or for just one yard. If you are doing just one yard the toro might be ok (Ive heard good and bad) but do yourself a favor and stay away from the Lowes/Homedepot crap! If you bought a commercial regardless of what you are using it for you will be much better off in the long run. I would choose any used commercial over any piece of the residentual junk even for one yard.

4. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

For small postage stamp turf,and easy going not no ruts they will hold up a little but you know this mower is not going to take abuse, and the resale is not there.

5. work_it

work_it LawnSite Senior Member

Holy crap is right. Wrong forum and I'm still trying to figure out what a "quistion" is. Humm....let me check my handy dandy spellcheck on the advanced posting feature below..... Oh, it said you probably mean QUESTION. Is this correct?

6. AGLA

AGLA LawnSite Bronze Member

Look at Lesco, Ransomes (Bobcat), Exmark, and other walk behind belt or transmission drive 48" machines. They will give you the durability you need untill you can move up. My understanding is that Lesco has some very good movers at good prices up here in Massachusetts. Smaller high quality is going to serve you better than a low grade of something bigger, in my opinion.

I mow my lawn with a Bobcat 48" I bought in 1988 and was used for four years in my business, six more for my brother who bought me out, and now on my own lawn. My brother runs a fleet of Scag 48" hydros with Velkes now. The versatility of the 48" makes it a multi-purpose mower.

7. zim bob the landscaper

im using it for the company just a thing to keep me going for about 2 years till i can aford a commercial lawn mower which i only have one.

8. zim bob the landscaper

well i looked into the lescos there very good prices i was thinking of getting one but we kept thinking what we need most and we thought a mower.
    thanks for the info man.

9. zim bob the landscaper

yes i no it wont hold for a long time but it might for 2 years thats what im hoping for if i get it.

10. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

Back to the school bus Zim boy...