1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Got a quote for equipment

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by hd guy, May 23, 2006.

1. hd guy

hd guy LawnSite Member

Well i went out yesterday and went to a local lawn equipment store and asked for some pricing , here is what i would be getting

1- exmark metro 36"wb w/15hp kaw
    1- shindaiwa t231 trimmer
    1- shindaiwa l231 edger
    1- shindaiwa handheld blower

he quoted me $3700 otd for this equipment
    now i'm thinking about getting the backpack blower instead of the handheld version.So what do you guys think about the equipment and price.
  2. hd guy

hd guy LawnSite Member

cmon guys i would apprecitte some feedback,oh i also forgot to add the jungle wheels attachment will be included in that price
  3. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Not too bad, just a couple hundred dollars higher than I could get it me here.
  4. 29 Palms Property Management

29 Palms Property Management LawnSite Senior Member

Not a bad price I believe. There is a shop here that offers that same package w/ a 6x12 utility trailer for $4600 or $4800, one or the other. So I think it's about average.
  5. hd guy

hd guy LawnSite Member

do you guys think i should maybe not get a edger and get the edgit attachment for the trimmer
  6. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

NO! Get a real piece of equipment and get a commercial stick edger not an edgit.
  7. Frosty03

Frosty03 LawnSite Member

Realize that most here operate their own business, so asking a question at 11:54 am, when most are out working, will not get a quick answer.

Your pricing sounds in line with most retail shops.

Do you have the accounts yet to justify getting this equipment? If you do, get the best equipment you can support financially.

If you are just getting going, get just an entry level in the commercial range of equipment. Not the homeowner range. Ask your dealer, he should guide you there.

Backpack blowers are nicer.

I went mid-range on my edger and blower and went to a hydro drive on my first mower. I never regretted that purchase and it has saved me a lot of wear and tear on myself.