Got A Quote on insurance

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by kosty, Mar 2, 2006.

1. kosty

kosty LawnSite Member

Got a quote back from state farm for gl and equipment ins. 300,000in gl and 2,000 in equip. this covers both lawn mowing and snowplowing and they quoted me 2366 a year for ins. is that a fair price

2. hackitdown

hackitdown LawnSite Silver Member

sounds very high to me...

3. bfstrider

bfstrider LawnSite Member

This is my first post. Just joined the site a couple of days ago to read and learn. I recently got 1,000,000.00 gl and 6800.00 on equipment for 600.00 a year. However, I will not be doing any snow plowing. I don't know how the rate I got compares to others.

4. FSully

FSully LawnSite Member

look for an insurance broker...this way you can shop a few companies at once.

5. B&D Lawn Care

B&D Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Hey strider who did you get your insurance thru? Ijust reupped mine and my agent said it would cost me out the ass to include equipment. Right now I have 1000000 gl and it's about 460/6mths.

6. nherweck

nherweck LawnSite Senior Member

I was quoted about two weeks ago: 1,000,000 gen. liability ins. and 12,000 in equip. just less than 600/year.

7. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

1 mill GL with 200,000+worth of tools listed with them (but not all on one truck). No plowing-- $860 a year
    But I am 44 years old with a good credit rating, never any claim on any insurance, locks and alarm on storage lot. That may make a difference but I still think it is high
    I am with the Hartford and they also hold worker comp, and 2 of my investment properties.

My personal home and auto is with Statefarm and they will not cover any business with less than 2 years profit. (yet they cover all 7 of my car/trucks, business or not) They also will not cover any of my rentals. I have Erie for other rentals and they were higher for my business by about $200

8. bfstrider

bfstrider LawnSite Member

Robbins and Associates in Monroe N.C. 704-226-1300.

9. james.kerr1

james.kerr1 LawnSite Member

anybody from florida and know of good insurance?????

10. Bubaloso

Bubaloso LawnSite Member

1st post, I'm looking forward to a great season!

I've got 2mil liability 25k equip and trailer, and I pay about 1200.00 a year.

GForceFinalColor.jpg