Got a Red Max EB7001 today!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mkwl, Oct 20, 2005.

1. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

I got a Red Max EB 7001 blower today and all I can say is, THIS THING IS AWESOME!!!!:cool2: The power is unbeleiveable!!! I paid $469.99 out the door from the dealer (I know I could have gotten one cheaper in ebay, but I like to buy from the dealer). I love this thing already, and I've only used it for about 30 minutes. I have one question though, during the "break in" period, is it ok for the engine to surge a little tiny bit at 100% throttle? Dealer said this will go away in about 3 hours use. I got the left handed throttle, because the dealer said the left hand is much more durable than the right hand mount. I LOVE this thing!!! The power of the Stihl at full throttle is about equal to the Red Max at 1/3 throttle!:cool2: :cool: :waving: Here's some pics:

7001 1.jpg

7001 2.jpg

7001 3.jpg

7001 4.jpg

7001 5.jpg

2. mkwl

one more pic...

7001 6.jpg

3. GrassFearsMe

GrassFearsMe LawnSite Senior Member

gl with it, but next one you buy try the 8000 it'll rock your socks. picture two 7001 blowing at once and you have an 8000. we just picked another up today.

4. mkwl

Well, I demoed the 8000, but it was really bulky and kind of heavy. The 7001 is more than enough power for me to conquer the leaves! Between my 10 HP Little Wonder and the new 7001, I'm ready for mountains of leaves!!!

5. BryPaulD

BryPaulD LawnSite Senior Member
    from MI

oh, so nice and shiny :)

6. cedarcroft

cedarcroft LawnSite Senior Member

I have 2 7001's and they both "surged" for the first day or 2. I love mine. I have a husquvarna for a back up and I have been using it this week aand the difference is ridiculous. the red max is 10x better.
    good luck!:drinkup:

7. mkwl

Thanks, NO leaf stands in my way!!!

8. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

I'm still waiting :sleeping: alot of tree's haven't even turned yet. I thought for sure the leaves would fall early this year but its holding out. Last night was the first cold night we've had (40 or 37 degree's i believe) so hopefully they start turning. I started advertising for leaves the last week of september, so the past 3 weeks have been a waste unless people are cutting my ad's out and saving them :dizzy:

Sorry for rambling, blower looks good, have fun with it and make payup with it

9. True Cut Lawn Maintenance

True Cut Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member

Hell id take that Stihll both make my echo 260 look like a midget

10. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

Congrats on the new machine. I bet it really blows the pants off that Stihl. I made the mistake of buying stihl about 3 years ago when I got my first backpack. Wish I knew then what I know not. I have the BR 420xMagnum and the regular BR 400. They are nice, but underpowered compared to Redmax. Having a little wonder helps now...