Got a set of these Tuesday

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ChadsLawn, Aug 31, 2006.

1. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Went to a local dealer and got me a set of the eXmark recycle blades. Set me back $31.00

[​IMG]

Threw them on and mowed my yard.About 8 days of growth.
    Wasnt too impressed. It left clumps with every pass. I have a couple yards to mow today 1 St.Augestein and 1 pretty much all weeds.

Ill update when I get home.

2. Fubba

Fubba LawnSite Senior Member

Are you mulching or side discharging?

3. DEEJ

DEEJ LawnSite Member

They are great blades, when used with the Exmark mulching kit. I have the mulching kits installed and use those blades all year - awesome results - carpet smooth cut and rarely any clippings visible.

Use them as they were intended, with the mulching kit, and I think you will find they are excellent.

4. ChadsLawn

I have a mulch kit installed. No I dont side discharge.

5. DEEJ

DEEJ LawnSite Member

Interesting!

Your picture shows an Exmark, but your equipment list shows Kees.

Assuming you are running the Exmark with the Exmark mulching kit installed:

1. What blades were you using with the mulch kit before? The kit comes with a set of the very blades you just bought.

2. Could the grass type be the issue? We have certainly seen that here before. I am of course a "a few" miles north of you!

I am confused.

deej

6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I use blades very similar to that, only with very little lift. I run them over top a set of standard lift solid foil blades. The combo is unbeatable for thick grasses.

7. ChadsLawn

No I am not running them on a eXmark. Im running them on my Kees. My mulch kit consists of 2 baffles some other plate the goes in the middle and a chute door(which Ive made my own OCDC for it. Ive used Gators(leaves clumps), I guess medium lifts(so far the best but got a ton of build up under the deck), High lifts(too much blow out in the front).
    I couldnt test them today, I have 1 house to mow but the yard is soaked. I tried but today were getting bands of rain.

8. ED'S LAWNCARE

ED'S LAWNCARE LawnSite Senior Member

I have an exmark 60", I have been using those blades for the past 3 years no clumping under normal conditions. Was the ground wet and what is the speed are you mowing at.