Got a small bonus and want to replace some stuff....

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by fritowrdo, Jun 22, 2008.

1. fritowrdo

fritowrdo LawnSite Fanatic

Got a small bonus from work and they send gift certificates so it is going to be spent at Sears. Need to replace a few things and this bonus will help me replace the following:

Any negatives with the below list:
    Craftsman 1 hp 7 gal portable air compressor
    Craftsman 3/8 in x 25 ft Air Hose, Heavy Duty
    Craftsman Digital Multimeter, Gray
    DeWalt 14.4 volt XRP Heavy-Duty Drill Driver Kit

Thanks

2. jkason

jkason LawnSite Senior Member

Junk. Good. Good. Good.

3. k911lowe

k911lowe LawnSite Senior Member

i agree,its decent junk,otherwise you wouldn't have to replace it.

4. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

get the dewalt 18v, Its much better. And you can't go wrong with draftsman hand tools, they will last forever

5. jkason

jkason LawnSite Senior Member

Maybe for a homeowner.
    For a professional that uses his tools to make a living, they're not worth the powder to blow them to hell.

The shop I used to work at used to use "Crapsman" tools for everything, until the boss needed a tool that had been broken for a month. He then asked if he could use mine (4 times the price). I said no.
    He bitched and moaned, but I said that since he wouldn't listen when someone who should know the difference speaks, that it was a good life lesson for him. And I made him go get the replacement (which sears didn't have in stock at the time - needed to make THREE trips) because I didn't use or break that tool, and refused to be a party to more stupidity.

6. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

I don't really like any craftsman power tools or mowers etc, but I think they have some decent hand tools, not top of the line like snapon, but they are not bad JMO