Got a Super Z the other day...

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by nmez21, Oct 15, 2006.

1. nmez21

nmez21 LawnSite Senior Member

Well, I've been looking at it all season. Its got a 25hp kaw. and a 60" xr7 deck. Many will say that its a bit underpowered, but in my experiences thus far, it takes a lot to bog it down. I demoed this machine in early august and i was very, very impressed. Not much to complain about. I did my usual saturday mowing and even with it being still a bit unfamiliar w/ it I cut my time by almost 25%! I am very satisfied with the machine and relieved to get rid of a 727 that was described by another cutter in my area as "a 7-iron lemon". Although it was a demo machine I had but 1/4 of the hours on it before purchase. It was a pleasure working with the guys at Windridge Imp. in Elkader, Iowa, I must say!

superz4.jpg

superz3.jpg

superz2.jpg

superz1.jpg

2. Lawnaholic

Lawnaholic LawnSite Member
    from DFW, TX

What did you give for your Super Z if you don't mind me asking. I'm also in the market for one myself.

3. nmez21

The price they were looking at was $7,200 since it was a demo. But they said they'd take the 727 off my hands and give me $4,000 trade(~300 hrs.) so for about $3,200 I got the Z ,a full service, set of blades, and a striping roller.

4. syzer

syzer LawnSite Bronze Member

Very nice! You wont be disappointed, its an extremely nice machine!

5. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

Nice to see someone else that doesn't have to have the 40hp gas sucking hog to cut grass! I think it will be perfect for you unless you are planning to bush hog.

6. Gruneich Lawn Care Inc.

Gruneich Lawn Care Inc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from SD

nice mower, how well does the stripping roller work?

7. nmez21

It works very well. Right now I've got it set up on the highest setting and I think I might drop it down a notch for even more definition. Installation was easy (20 min.) If the grass grows any more I'll get some pics up of the cut and stripes for ya. :usflag:

8. Signature Landscaping1

Signature Landscaping1 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

Congradulations Nate! Shes a beauty!!

9. Gruneich Lawn Care Inc.

Gruneich Lawn Care Inc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from SD

Awesome, thanks in advance

10. nmez21

Here's your stripes-

PDR_0715resized.jpg