Got a visit from the state today

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by METRO 36, Dec 7, 2005.

1. METRO 36

METRO 36 LawnSite Senior Member

abought 5oclock I was cooking dinner when the big bad state tax man came knocking on my door.Apparently someone turned me in two the state for operating a business without a license.So he ask me for my business and sales tax license,so i went and got them he had a look and said no problem sorry to disturb you. I think it was a guy at the end of my road who does some mowing,earlier this year one of the older gentelmen that live's on my street stoped and ask me what i would charge tomow his yard, I told him and he said that was more than he usally paid but his lawn guy but he had not been showing up.Any way that guy that was doing his lawn was the same guy that lives on my street and he was pis%#%$ maybe he thought it was a good way of getting back at me.

2. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

Well at least they are doing their jobs by checking out the tips. Cant complain about that.

3. P & L Turf

P & L Turf LawnSite Senior Member

Find out if it was him. If it was, get even. Keep your friends close but keep your enemys closer.:cool:

4. Lawn Masters

Lawn Masters LawnSite Senior Member

nope, cant complain about that at all, they're doing what they're supposed to, and all is legal for ya, so nothin to worry about.

5. Brianslawn

Brianslawn LawnSite Silver Member

the ps2 at the tax office must be broke.

6. METRO 36

Must be broke you know them state employes dont like to work after say ten oclock.I didnt bother me actually i like the idea that they have came and checked me out that way they wont be bother me any more. It was better for it to happen in the winter instead of spring,summer or fall when im busy,I guess im off the state M%# J%$. im glad there doing there job keep's certain people nervous and in trouble with the irs and helps keep prices where they ought to be.

7. vadeere

vadeere LawnSite Member

lmao, My old man used to work for the IRS. Your statement has more truth than you think.:rolleyes:

8. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

So, when he got finished with you, did you casually mention to him that there was another guy doing mowing at the end of the street or somewhere?

9. METRO 36

you no i most certainly did and I happen to know that that certain fellow at the end of the street or somewhere doesnt have any DBA or pay anything and has employe's

10. Brianslawn

Brianslawn LawnSite Silver Member

im very proud of you.

thanks vadeere :waving: