1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Got a web site?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Slcareco, Jan 10, 2007.

1. Slcareco

Slcareco LawnSite Senior Member

If you have a website your proud of leave it on here!
  2. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

3. Prestige-Lawncare

Prestige-Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Where is yours? The link to mine is always in my signature .. below.
  4. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

I'm proud to say I don't have a web site and I will tell you why.

In other threads we are discussing USP and what sets us apart from others. If I posted all my information on a website I would be copied and would no longer have a unique service.

I am not so paranoid that I don't share some of my ideas. Most can be found throughout the pages of lawnsite if you work at it a little. However I wont serve them up on a platter for my competitors.

I also believe my clientele enjoy the simplicity of information delivered to them, on paper, in color. Yes it is not as easy for me but my service is not about making it easier for me. Nor is it about trying to sell my service to anyone who has a patch of grass.

This is what works for me I wanted to bring it up because I see so many young guys onsite just struggling to get by and they are spending time and money on things that they don't really need. Like websites, software, scheduling programs, PDA's and the like. Consider the ROI and then choose wisely how you spend your money. Because it is the lifeblood of your business.

This is not to say there is not a time in the evolution of you business that these tools will provide some ROI but not for most on here. Your money could be spent better elsewhere.

Paying down your debt doesn't sound as great on lawnsite but that would be the best use of any discretionary money you may have.
  5. Ed Ryder

Ed Ryder LawnSite Senior Member

I also think a website is not a key element of marketing success for a grass cutting service. It's interesting... a few weeks ago I was going through domain names that had just expired. There were tons of lawn service domain names that people had abandoned! That says something.
  6. spatd

spatd LawnSite Member

Lawn Mowers and Lawn Care - A resource site that is a work in progress. I plan on gathering all the infos on different models and make some kind of compare tool.

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

did you do that site yourself spatd?
  8. spatd

spatd LawnSite Member

Yes, but I only started a few days, so it will take a while to finish it :)

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

thats cool me too. i was wondering what i need to do to let the spyders crawl my site. i did a website test and they told me i had errors or something.
  10. spatd

spatd LawnSite Member

The "area we serve" drop down list is not good for search engines. Make a link meniu. Search engines like simple links the most.

My second advice is to make the link in your signature with www in front, because is the natural old fashion way and in time Google will se two different sites (one with www and other without) and will divide the importance to the two of them (so instead of a good site you'll have two not so good)