Got alot of strange looks today....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LAWNS AND MOWER, Apr 29, 2004.

1. LAWNS AND MOWER

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

My transmission went out on me yesterday, so I have resorted to renting a U-Haul. Small one, but can hold all I need to operate. Pull up to one ladies yard, and she asked me if I'm lost!!!! This beast has 179,000 miles on it, but I guess I shouldn't complain. It was the last one they had. Anyone else have to go this route to keep the biz rolling???

2. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

A couple years ago i blew an engine in my truck and mower, and a trans in a back up truck in a matter of 10 days. I had to go the u-haul route as well.

3. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a Ford Ranger ( 6 cyl ) for back up, a inexpensive truck and usually very dependable trucks as well, I know that they can't pull that much weight, but like I said as a back-up mine has not let me down. It cost me $1500.00 dollars and worth every penny so far.

4. Turf Medic

Turf Medic LawnSite Bronze Member

I guess we are lucky around here, there are a few places that will rent trucks, pickups, van body trucks, with no lettering.

5. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

she probably thought that you were moving in

6. LAWNS AND MOWER

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

Or maybe she thought I was moving her out!!!

7. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

LOL..too funny.

8. Doster's L & L

Doster's L & L LawnSite Senior Member

I bet that did look pretty funny to her. I can imagine her prodding around her lawn with a broom sweeping leaves and notices a moving van pulling up. She goes back to work andthen looks back again to see a mower backing out of it. I'm sure she had real confused look on her face. :confused:

9. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

funny thing I just threw a piston yesterday. What the heck over a grand to fix so bought me a new dodge with the cummins turbo diesel. Either that or pay 2 weeks of rental and a new piston combo rip me a new one on the bill. Came out way ahead since they gave me what I owed on my truck. Oh well.