Got an enclosed trailer quote...

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by 2k1yzfr1, Dec 23, 2003.

1. 2k1yzfr1

2k1yzfr1 LawnSite Senior Member

I went to my paceamerican dealer today and got a price on an enclosed trailer. The trailer I looked at was a Pace Pursuit series 8.5'x20' 7'4" inside height, 3500 lb axles, treated floor, 2 fuel doors on 1 side of the trailer, 2 roof vents, 4 side vents, 24" stone guard, and 3/8" inside walls They quoted me about 5700ish. Is there any options that I should look at getting that I haven't listed?? I would like this to be my last trailer I would have to buy......unlike in the past of buying a new trailer every year and half b/c I outgrow it. Thanks again for the imput.

2. excel25

excel25 LawnSite Senior Member

spend the extra $ and get the bigger axles, 5200#? I have the same size and weigh 7700#with 1ztr and 1 wb and rest of equip.
  3. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree to get the heavier duty axles. You just always want to be well within your limits. Excel- are you sure about those numbers? My 24' enclosed weighs 3400lbs. My Z around 1,000 and a WB around 500-600.
  4. Ryan Lightning

Ryan Lightning LawnSite Senior Member
    from CA

If your going to do alot of miles, the V nose trailer may save you a little on gas.
  5. maelawncare

maelawncare LawnSite Senior Member

And if you get the v nose with the ramp in it. That gives you to big ramps to pull mowers out of. One for the WB and one for the ZTR. so you dont have to take out one to get to the other.
  6. 2k1yzfr1

Yeah I was thinking about the V nose but I don't really like the way they look. I will mostly be in town so I don't think it will make that big of a difference. My 03 cummins only gets 10 or so pulling the 18' open trailer so hopefully it won't get any worse than that??
  7. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

What exactly are fuel doors?
  8. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

pj, if you want to haul fuel with your trailer you just open the fuel door on the side and fill away.

They are small doors on the side that you can pass a gas hose in to fuel up instead of having to unload. I use a cube van and the place where we fill up has an extra long hose so we can go inside and fuel up.
  9. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

I'd make one of the doors a ramp door. you'll love it for off loading mowers and on loading debris and stuff..........

trailer and truck.jpg
  10. 2k1yzfr1

My friend was telling me that the trailer payload is 3900. So other than the 5200 lb axles what other things should I get?? I like the side ramp door idea just would hate to have to open it and drop it down everytime I wanted to hop into the trailer for something, unless I did a ramp "curbside" and a door on the opposite side :confused: or course what would probably add another 600-800 to the trailer price. How much is vinyl lettering for trailers?? And do most put on the trailer?? Business name and # or a list of services that i do?