Got an EZ-Dumper and Leaf Box

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by RedMax Man, Jul 26, 2007.

1. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

Here's my new to me dump insert and custom built leaf box.
    Bought the Ez-Dumper off an LCO that was getting out of the biz. Has a head board, tarp, Plexiglas covered head window, and sides. Cost $1000.
    Also got the leaf box which was made to fit on the insert. It has two flood lights, mesh roof and barn door tailgate. Cost me $500.
    Both just need a little TLC to look nice. Also got to finish hooking up them wires on the dump insert and all be ready to go. What do you think, did i pay to much?
    Next addition with be a 16HP Billy Goat leaf loader.

2. RedMax Man

oops the 1st pic only loaded halfway. BTW the insert came out of a 2005 Chevy 2500 reg. cab.
  3. hossmp

hossmp LawnSite Member

Very nice. I like the logo " You Rake it We Take It" thats pretty good. I have to ask in your area what do you do with the leaves? I have never used a dump insert how do you like it? I have an old dump body on a truck. Its a 1996 Chevy 3500 and its tired but I rarely use the truck. I was thinking of a dump instert when the truck dies.

I cant comment on that price you paid but it does seem reasonable. I believe without knowing much about them I would take that if I found it.
  4. DSLND

DSLND LawnSite Bronze Member

Micah: That truck just looks better!! I'm incredibly jealous!!! Hopefully if i can make ends meet with this dude, the truck i buy will come with a dump insert and Western Plow. Prob. buying truck next fall so i can start plowing with my drivers permit. Setup looks awesome!! -Mitch-
  5. packer101

packer101 LawnSite Member

great grab.... i know a few people who were looking into buying/taking some of his stuff... looks good
  6. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

RMM. That insert is bolted to the frame. RIGHT! Would be real ugly if you only bolted it to the bed's floor.

Looks good. You'll see a nice difference while plowing now with the extra weight of the insert. I take my head board off during the winter so I can have the extra visibility while backing up plowing.

Looks like a steel. New inserts are about 3K and I bet that box would cost you over 1K to have it made for you with these New England prices.
  7. Matts lawn care

Matts lawn care LawnSite Senior Member
    from MD

Looks great, You also got a great price on that insert and leaf box. Keep up the good work!
  8. Landscape89

Landscape89 LawnSite Member

Nice Stuff Buddy. I use those same Green Barrels! :weightlifter:
  9. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

Looks great.

I have a stainless steel dump insert. Where can I buy a leaf box like that? Thanks
  10. RedMax Man

That little slogan gets people's attention. Already got a bunch of comments from people seeing it and knew exactly what it meant. I dump my leafs in the woods. Thanks.
    Yeah it looks bigger and also sits more level with the weight in the bed. Rides smoother too, not so bouncey.
    There's still some stuff left. He sold his lawn maintenance equipment to an employee thats gonna keep doing it and lives right down on Brook st. Got some more competition now.
    You bet, I got weld threaded stud that are on the floor of the bed and go into the frame. the were there for the previous insert so it should be fine. I know its not just bolted to the sheet metal. Yep it steel and your price are the same as this area. Thanks, is you insert an EZ-Dumper?
    This should make things easier.
    Those barrels are the best, about the only good thing from Home Cheapo.
    Stainless is the ultimate, yours is really nice. I think that box was done by a local welding shop. It weighs alot, it has to be move by a skidsteer or front end loader. Probably around 500 lbs.