1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

got any clients that hear you and join you?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Precision, Sep 9, 2004.

1. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

I have an old lady client that must add 15-25 minutes to my stop by coming out to do yard work while I am mowing. I try changing the time of day, but she hears me out there and feels like she needs to pull weeds all the sudden.
    Starting to drive me nuts.
  2. ofishil

ofishil LawnSite Member
    from TX

I try to avoid the one more thing guy and the people that like to chat. Talking adds serious time to my day.
  3. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

Ohhh I hear Ya ..... see this Beach Side especially where most of our Retired Resi's are

Next time tell em ... it's kinda like taking a %$^ .... (sitting on the throne) ..... n the phone rings

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

I've run into this problem before. I kindly explain to them that their presence is a safety issue for me, I've got the insurance but don't want to have to use it. That usually works.
  5. Mowing Freak

Mowing Freak LawnSite Senior Member
    from S.E. Ks

I agree with Hoolie. I have a 93yr old but she stays out of the way but likes to watch. Also, the time you spend talking with clients may be in your favor when cheapo joe comes along with much cheaper price and tries to get their lawn. In other words, make friends and they will stick with you. Give them a few minutes to talk then politely tell them you better get going so you can get all the others knocked out today. That works great for me.
  6. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

i've got a lady like that...talks and talks and talks...i would go up to get a check cause she didn't pay. i have been there for over an hour before. she's a hairdresser, go figure! i hardly ever say anything i am just looking for a way out but not trying to be rude. i have tried the "my car is running thing (which it really is) that doesn't work, the got food in the car thing. but nothing works...i think i am gonna drop her for next year. or maybe i should charge for the talks! LOL