Got ASV Stuck!

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by flairland, Jun 3, 2008.

1. flairland

flairland LawnSite Senior Member

I got a grading job to do about a month ago, and went to the property to take a look a noticed the ground was pretty soft, so I decided to wait a couple weeks to do the job. I figured it would have dried out pretty good after waiting a few weeks, but thought I'd rent a track machine just in case. Anyways, take a look what happened...

Everything was going well, I got the front of the home finished up and began working on the back when suddenly, I felt the machine start to sink, I then tried to back up, but I wasnt going anywhere. Found out later the neighbours have a well thats only 5 ft deep! About an hour after I got the machine out, the hole I made was full of water. Apparently the homeowners say there's water constantly pouring out in the hole.. first spring I've ever hit!

IMG00233.jpg

IMG00235.jpg

IMG00239.jpg

2. SouthernLandworks

SouthernLandworks LawnSite Member

it'll be fun to fix that mess!!

3. Hummer

Hummer LawnSite Member

Wouldn't it have been nice if the home owners had mentioned the constant water coming out of the ground to you prior to you starting work?

4. J. Peterson Grading

J. Peterson Grading LawnSite Senior Member
    from IA

Blame the home owners!!!!

5. Dirtman2007

Dirtman2007 LawnSite Platinum Member

Almost looks like a septic feild!
    I'm guessing you were able to roll is out with the bucket?
    I get ours stuck all the time, but we always have something bigger onsite to get it out.

6. YellowDogSVC

YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX

Maybe that's not mud!:drinkup:

Gotta love tracks. I'm jealous. I get stuck in puddles.

7. Dirt Digger2

Dirt Digger2 LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

mmm tasty....thats not a septic field

i had the same water fate yesterday (didnt get stuck though), i hit groundwater at 5 feet when the bed i was putting in needed to be 8 feet....so it will be another month before that fiasco gets re-engineered and i can go back out

8. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

Thats a soupy mess :laugh:

9. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

3 psi, if that were a higher psi machine, you would be digging your ass out of the cab!!!!!

10. BIGBEN2004

BIGBEN2004 LawnSite Senior Member

The only way to fix that is get a mini in their and pat the mud down, at least it will look pretty but don't walk their or you will sink.