Got bit by a small snake today

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by QualityLawnCare4u, Sep 27, 2007.

1. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

I have a yard that I have done for years that I have killed my share of snakes from rattlers to every other species. I was weedwhacking around the pool when I stept on the first snake (large black snake). Did not take me long to get off of him either since I did not know what he was. When I got through mowing was blowing off the concrete around the pool when I stepped on the square plastic skimmer cover with the small quarter size hole in the top. A small snake about a foot long shot up threw the hole and clamped down on the front of my shoe. He was not big enough to break threw the rubber on the shoe but it got my attention. I'm not sure if it was a moccasin or not but I cominced to stomp the h*ll out of him and slung him into the pool. Last year I killed the biggest rattler I have ever saw in this yard so I am always on the extra alert when I do this yard but did not expect a snake to come out of the skimmer! Be careful out there.

2. tjsquickcuts

tjsquickcuts LawnSite Senior Member
    from Atlanta

I feel sorry for the homeowner for when they come home and wanna take a dip in the pool....surprise, surprise.....lmao.....

3. jbell113

jbell113 LawnSite Senior Member

Was weedwhacking some tall stuff by an air conditioner and accidently killed a snake.

4. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

They want be taking a dip in this pool, they have let it go and it looks like pond water. Lady used to keep it crystal clear. Hope the snake enjoyed his journey to the bottom:laugh:

5. mattfromNY

mattfromNY LawnSite Bronze Member

Killing a snake is never an accident. There is only one good snake in this world... A dead one!!

6. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

EXACTLY - I've been shot at before and it was not as scary than to have a rattler looking at me - I despise snakes. :usflag:

7. zima

zima LawnSite Member

Sorry to hear that i bet if that happen to me i pee in my pants, i don't like snakes i kill one a month ago and i got my butt chewed up for my wife, it happen to be a garden snake 3' long i said sorry i can not tell the diference poison and no poison,almost have a heart attack when i steped real close to it, make me jump like 3 feet up in the air and when i landed i had a 4x4 going at it, i took it home wife got mad at me,i hear her said what a waste so that make me feel real bad, from now on i'm just going to run or scare them away,i will try to educate myself and learn how to tell the diference.

8. tjsquickcuts

tjsquickcuts LawnSite Senior Member
    from Atlanta

I've seen those type of pools before...that snake became lunch before it hit the bottom....

9. KTO Enterprises

KTO Enterprises LawnSite Bronze Member

I like American Vets quote to remember your snakes

"See a snake, grab a rake"