got bored and made all my handhelds match!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Orkin Yards, Mar 25, 2001.

1. Orkin Yards

Orkin Yards LawnSite Senior Member

i have 2 scag w/b so they match, and i have 3 green machine handhelds and then a shindaiwa and i am ordering a redmax...the poles that hold all my stuff are red, so i decided to paint the green machine stuff red...took them apart and got the green parts off, about 5 coats of paint later EVERYTHIGN matches, i think it looks alot nicer when everything matches...to bad i don't have exmarks and a red trailer, it would look really good!

2. jeffyr

jeffyr LawnSite Senior Member

Ummmmm.....okay.

3. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

It never really occurred to me that everything should match.
    I'm just happy when everything is running good.

4. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

5 coats!? Wow, you must have really been bored. What about your truck?

5. Orkin Yards

Orkin Yards LawnSite Senior Member

my truck is a lifted green jeep cheeroke looks really different w/ the trailer and all but really good...i'll have some pics going up soon because i just cleaned everything up and they wont' stay clean for long so i need to take some pictures! so then i'll figure out how to put them on here and do that...

6. Hunter Landscape

Hunter Landscape LawnSite Member

i don't get paid $ b/c my equip. looks good. but, hey i may just be missing something

7. little green guy

little green guy LawnSite Senior Member

wow, I think you might want to try to get some more jobs if you have that much free time. =) I wouldn't mind all my stuff matching but I don't think that will ever happen. I barrly have time to change the oil in my equipment once a month.

8. guntruck

guntruck LawnSite Senior Member

I think matching equipment is ok to do but I think more importantly matching vehicle and trailers are even more important.......just in my opinion. I think when you see a regular vehicle with a magnetized sign and a plain ol black trailer with all kinds of goodies loaded on it....its obvious what were dealing with. But!!! with a nice red truck with matching red landscaping trailer with nice equipment......well to me that makes all the diference in the world and people then view you as a professional. Yes i know many many people out there will just pay the lowest price, but there are the ones who actually still care about professionalism and will pay to have it, and to me the trucks and the trailers even down to all matching uniforms is of the UTMOST importance............But thats just my opinion and everyone has one!!

9. skyphoto

skyphoto LawnSite Member

Hey Jeffyr,

Your post made me laugh the whole time I read the rest of the post...

Why was it so funny Im still laughing!!!!!!!

But seriously I do good just to keep my equipment CLEAN!!

Peace!!!

10. captdevo

captdevo LawnSite Senior Member

It's good for business if you keep a good image!!
    Painting to match is fine, but it may hinder resale of the equipment.
    The key to success is "do excellent work and keep a clean professional image"!!