1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Got Chaps?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Tharrell, Aug 12, 2006.

1. all ferris

all ferris LawnSite Bronze Member

I wish I could buy everything I need to stitch myself up. I've watched them stitch me up a few times and I'm pretty sure any idiot that can sew a button on could stitch him/herself up on their own. My mom is a RN so maybe I'll ask her to hook me up with the goods and next time there will be no huge bill.
  2. CutInEdge Lawn Care

CutInEdge Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Does'nt that just CHAP your Azz!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  3. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

I understand the fatigue factor but, I just started this hedge job. The way it happened was, I was working my way around the other side of some big boxwoods and stepped backward off a short railroad tie retaining wall. I stepped backward with my right foot and the clippers just met my left knee.
    I'm telling you guys, you need some chaps. I know I'm preaching but, the fix is so simple.
  4. CutInEdge Lawn Care

CutInEdge Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Yes, safety is a huge matter. I just wanted to use "CHAPS and Azz together at your expense.
  5. old dog 80

old dog 80 LawnSite Member

Yeah,tryed chaps last year and about died from heat prostration.Quit swinging the shears so much.If someone works near you ,they might be cut in half.