Got disrespected today

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnkid, Jul 1, 2002.

1. lawnkid

lawnkid LawnSite Senior Member

On the side I mow lawns for an apartment manager who owns some very large properties with a Scag Turf Tiger and a Scag belt drive. Well I'm mowing today with the belt drive and some lady walks up to me and starts just yelling at me. She told me that I had bent her license plate with my mower and she was very angry. She said it was parked there all morning and I only could've done it cause there were a couple clippings on her hood but the wind carried themI told her it wasn't me cause I would have seen it and I was mowing parallel to her license plate and it was bent down flat so there was no way I could've hit it. Plus there was no other damage. She knew I was right and just stormed off in to her car and drove away. My boss told me that she has been 3 months behind on rent and she has tried several times already to get out of her rent. He finally decided to evict her today. It's payback time!
    Life fells good when you prove someone wrong.

2. robert payer

robert payer LawnSite Senior Member

Good job lawn kid! When you know for certain never second guess your self.

Enjoying this warm weather?

3. Never say you did or didn't.

Always ask did you see it happen!!!!

Better yet have the police ask them that, cuse that's what they are going to ask both of you.

Even better yet, you should have called the police, you had her for leaving the scene of an accident. Falloney

4. yardboyltd

yardboyltd LawnSite Senior Member

yep cellphones good for on the job

whip it out of the ole pocket while she's chewing you out and proceed to call the police to make a report, that'll teach someone to swindle you...

5. JasperStorm

JasperStorm LawnSite Member
    from WA

Over the years I've experienced the same thing, in addition to people wanting me to foot the bill for windshield repairs, new paint jobs, detailings, etc.

Funny thing is that these people are all driving bondo-buckets that any insurance company would total before paying out $20 to have a license plate pounded back into shape.

Losers.

6. Brickman

Brickman LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree, LOSERS.

I had a guy once want me to pay for his car wash, because of grass being on it. I thought it was the most childish excuse to get money from some body. I couldn't believe that he would just out right ask for money. I gave him $2 to go wash it. I made up my mind right then that I would tell him the next time that I was broke at the time. Even if I had $ in my wallet, I am too broke to share it with him.

7. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

This biz is great, get to work outside, be your own boss, ride on cool equipment, have winters off. Then you deal with the stupid people that want money from everyone. Complain and accuse.