got even with a "skip me, it don't need it" client

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Nov 26, 2005.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

when will they learn, they can't outsmart me. how many times do they call, "skip me this week, i don't need cutting." ? ha ha ha, well, she called the last week of october, and said, "skip me, i don't need cutting." u huh, sure, whatever u say. now, we are scheduled to do leaves. you see, "grasscutting" ends, after october. so, it wasn't cut, as per her request, since the 3rd week in october. now, it's high. and, we are scheduled to clean leaves there. i told her, "you'll need to mow the lawn, so i can clean the leaves." she says, "well, go ahead, mow the lawn." i said, "ok, you'll have to move the leaves, so i can mow the lawn." :dizzy: now, if she had just not argued that big $30 lawncut on october 27th, she wouldn't be paying...$90 for it, now
  2. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Guess we really know what we are talking about. I love the people that try to pinch penny's and then in the end they pay more just cuz they wanted to save some $$ and skimp out in the 1st place. Just like mulch I tell a customer they need mulch and how much they need, then a price. They come back and say thats too high. But can you put a thin layer down for less? I say sure and in the end I charge em more for the out of control weeds. Hahahah I love it, they never learn or win.
  3. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

When we have customers who want to skip, we tell them we can cut it now or they will be charged double next time. We have very few customers that want us to skip because they are usually the first to be let go and replaced with a better customer.
  4. maui8

maui8 LawnSite Member
    from nj

hey bobbygedd, where in NJ are you located?
  5. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

where in nj, are u located?
  6. garth1967

garth1967 LawnSite Senior Member

thats the way to go be clear from the start
  7. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

Skippers will get burned eventually with their self proclaimed "saving tactic" because they actually save nothing in the long run.
  8. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Ahhh, now see, I can't see for the life of me why anyone wonders why I just won't operate this way. I guess some people it doesn't bother, but me, drives me straight up the freakin wall. It's a stressful aggrivation I just don't need. I just don't need my customers micro managing my operation.

I had a hand full of these that I took over mid-year.
    Within 2 months they had me pulling my hair out.
    For the '06 season they will be on contract just like everyone else.
    They will also begin to conform to my company policies just like everyone else too.

Otherwise, they will be finding a new service.

When you look at the big picture, there is just no money in dealing with them 'their way'.
  9. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Yup, that's right, but they'll drive you broke in the process if you let'em.
  10. roscioli

roscioli LawnSite Senior Member

You got her good! Dumbass