Got Flyer on my door

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by Natural Impressions, Oct 5, 2007.

1. Natural Impressions

Natural Impressions LawnSite Member

I just thought you might get a kick out of this.

Advertisement on my door from a local Lawn Care Provider.

He state he will install pavers for any for: ALL PAVER PATIOS AND WALK $6.00 a sq ft. AND DRIVEWAYS ONLY $9.00 sq ft.

What do you think????*trucewhiteflag*

2. McKeeLand

McKeeLand LawnSite Senior Member

thats hilarious. he is charging less for walkways then for driveways. I'm sure once he comes out he has all kinds of "up charges" he doesnt tell them about. you should call him and have him come out do an estimate. that would make a great thread.

3. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

and i thought 10-11 was really low

4. Natural Impressions

I know contractors out here getting anywhere from $25 - $60 a sq ft. When I saw the flyer I almost feel down. I am not in the high end but I am also trying to stay competive. for $6 - $9 a sq ft... I'd like to know what he is paying his help....or if he even has any

5. Natural Impressions

I would love to get a quote.....but with all my equipment and trucks on my property it is kind of obvious I do the work.....That is I was curious why he even put the flyer on my house.

6. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

I'm talking to a couple now for a paver install (walkway about 475 sqft). Pretty straight forward easy to get equipment/materials in/out of there. I gave them a ballpark figure of 7500 to 8500 for a basic walkway install. So basically it came out to 16-17 a square. They are thinking about adding circles, fans, etc. so hopefully the price will keep going up:headphones:

60 a square...I do wish but I don't see it.

7. yamadooski

yamadooski LawnSite Senior Member

Well dont pack it up and come to Florida. I use 3 differnt companies right now and they all charge $4.50 ft. And they do nice work. That is for prep and lay and includes pavers.

8. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

I've been to Florida many times and at $4.50/sq. you are getting what you pay for. There is no base. Pavers are laid on compacted sand. And after a couple of years they all look like crap due to settling.

Chris

9. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

i agree.

we go to florida every year and all the paver work there looks like crap after a few years.....

florida is a "cheap" state where cost dictates sales.

I talked to a national lighting sales VP a few days back. This is the guy that started used to own hardie irrigation, and several other irrigation companies as well.
    we were laughing about Florida. He was telling me that whenever he needed to dump excess inventory he would send it to Florida and market it for a few cents less, and BAM it was gone...

10. bigviclbi

bigviclbi LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

"I know contractors out here getting anywhere from $25 - $60 a sq ft." That sounds a little high for around here no?