Got H2B?

Discussion in 'Employment' started by Terra Firma, May 8, 2007.

1. Terra Firma

Terra Firma LawnSite Member

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are a company of 5 currently and are really busy. We should be a company of 12. Need less to say we are getting behind and fast. With the new competition poping up we are growing increasingly concerned. We are looking for H2B labor.

We have talked with a few suppliers of companies that can not meet our request until spring 2008. Which is great. What do I do now. I have made a huge mistake of asking people around here that are not in our field. All my leads have all but vanished. I should have come to lawnsite and ask here, duh. (hind site is 20/20)

I need H2B help and I need it a month ago. Where do you find H2B workers now. I am golden for spring 2008. Unfortunately I have to get through 2007 first. I've been told about some agents, but I don't know how to locate them.
    Our company is in Norfolk, VA.

Can anybody help?

David

2. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

You are not going to get H2B for this year. We processed our request in November of last year for our returning guys. We also processed paperwork for additional new guys. We got all our guys this year on exactly the timeframe we needed them. It has taken us about 4 years to get this process working.....it is a mess and it is expensive. Next year the fee are going to double to $4K. There are plenty of people wanting to come on H2B but no request processed or gov has put a limit. Our governemrnt has made this process so difficult that it is hardly workable. Two of our guys that came last year had college education and one had junior college degree but they can work.

3. Terra Firma

More so my question is do you know of anyway of getting that help now wether it is H2B or just a legal status. I feel we are headed on the right track for next year but that doesn't help us this year.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

David

4. Terra Firma

More so temporary work until next year.

5. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

The only other way is to simply go pick up workers and see if they have a social security card fill out paper work and start deducting and sending in taxes. It is very rare but you might find another person who is getting H2B guys and maybe he might have workers that want more hours....he is required to give them 20 hours minimum.