got hit in the eye with a rock

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ronslawncare, Sep 1, 2001.

1. ronslawncare

ronslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

yesterday i was edgeing with no glasses on because my glasses had to many scratches on it to see out of it .i figured if i make it through the day ill go out and bye to more new pairs today .well i got hit in the eye plus there was dirt particles in there my girlfriend cleaned out my eye because it was tearing so bad for like 6 hours and luckily it just was dirt the rock scratch it but today a little pain but im fine .i already bought my glasses plus some new echo crossfire trimmer dont forget to were the proper safety were ronnie

2. ronslawncare

ronslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

i wrote that post so fast i sound like im retarted anyways you got the point were headphones and eye wear

3. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

absolutely. i wouldnt go a day of trimming without safty glasses for a thousand bucks. fact. aint got but 2 eyes

4. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

Ouch??

Lesson Learned? If it was, it was worth it and feel lucky thats all that happened!

No one learns until it happens to them. I'm the same way. Sometimes it wears off, and then you get taught another lesson.

Think Safety!!

5. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

I think we all may find ourselves in a situation like your and get hit. I always wear safety glasses, almost. I had left mine a a customers home and was miles from there doing another yard, not having my enclosed trailer I had no spares. Well, while trimming a small white rock hit me right in the eye. :cry: Lesson learned.

6. lawnboy11

lawnboy11 Banned

It's ******** not retarted you re...........

7. rdh

rdh LawnSite Senior Member

i have learned my lesson the same way. i had even got hit in the eye from having the dischage shoot pointed at a clothes line pole .a rock hit the pole and then hit me in the eye while on the mower.

8. fivestarlawnken

fivestarlawnken LawnSite Senior Member

It's amazing seing some people out everyday mowing etc in tennis shoes,no ear or eye protetion. It baffels me,usually with ears and eyes you only have one chance.Couple of months ago on campus i saw a kik cutting a new concrete curb line with NO GLASSES OR EAR PROTECTION!!!!!!! I just shook my head in disblief.SAFETY IS WORTH THE 10 OR 20 DOLLARS YOU INVEST IN IT...:angel:

9. SLS

SLS LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mars

It's a fact:

You just can't be too "safety concious" while doing lawn maintanance!

Just check out my trimming protection:

[​IMG]

OSHA would be proud! :D

10. I always wear my safety glasses and hearing protection. This is a first for me though, 2 weeks ago I was trimming after mowing, and a piece of crabgrass stem flew up and went right up my nose. Boy did that sucker sting, later after I got home I had the mother of all nose bleeds on the side where the stem hit. I guess I'll have to get nose protection now.