got in a little bit of trouble.....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Gmgbo, Dec 13, 2004.

1. Gmgbo

Gmgbo LawnSite Senior Member

last night i got a wreckless driving ticket for doing 100 in a 65. i need my licnese in the spring when i get back to work so i hope i dont loose it. has this happened to anyone else, or does anyone know the punishments :realmad:

2. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

You need your license but will risk it?? hummm...

Usually you can make a plea to the judge showing your work needs to keep it.

3. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

Not sure about where you are, but here in Va it depends on how many points you all ready had for/against you to start with. In some state you can take an emergency vehicle operators course (EVOC) Fire and ems have to have this to drive in Va. Or either check in to a local college for safe driving classes, its winter time and not that much going on , so dont wait till spring to check in to that. In Va we get a bonus of 5 good points for EVOC and its just a 2 1/4 day class, Friday eve is some class, all day sat is class and sunday is for the driving range mainly and with us soon as you pass the driving you can leave.

4. MowforMoney

MowforMoney LawnSite Member

it also dependes alot on your past record, if you had a couple of tickets for speeding that could hurt you a little bit. If this is your second reckless driving one I would say you could be in trouble. Another major factor is your age. I have a friend that got a reckless driving ticket he was probably 18, 19 years old. It was his first ticket and he had to take a test and watch a video. What was kinda funny about it was the video was at blockbuster, and cost him around 40-50 dollars, that was the only place he could get it. They did suspend his liscense for three months. I do remember the judge telling him that if he was older as in 25 his probation period would have been over. Don't really know if that helps to much but thats all I know. Good luck, and be a little more carefull, lol.

5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

In NJ, they can take your license on the spot for driving 21 mph or more over the posted limit.

6. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

My guess is it won't be pretty. You may convince the judge to let you keep it for your living but it could get restricted to only between blah blah hours and work only.

7. rodfather

Forgot, wait till ya hear from your insurance carrier. As they say in ebonics, "you be f***ed".

8. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

100 mph in a 65 mph speed zone? reeeeally?

was it the fact that you got caught that has resulted in the epiphany that you need your license this spring?

I wonder what you thought about your license before you had this epiphany?

I say since you are only 18 and probably a nice kid, you'll get away with a warning from the judge.

GEO :dizzy:

9. rodfather

A warning? You have to be joking, right?

10. Gmgbo

Gmgbo LawnSite Senior Member

hopefully a warning :dizzy: