1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Got Leaves

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dtrap420, Dec 10, 2006.

1. dtrap420

dtrap420 LawnSite Member

Here is a few pics of piles of leaves that the Little Wonder ate for lunch this year and then a few before and after pics at a couple of properties. Just bored sitting around waiting for the snow to melt so we can finish the last few clean ups of the year.
    Happy Hollidays

Attached Files:

2. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

thats a good bit you got there i love seeing the big piles it makes it seem like you did some work but how many loads was that
  3. TriCountyLawn

TriCountyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

How well does that little wonder loader shred the leaves? They claim they have the best reduction ratio on the market.
  4. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Wow, VERY nice work! On the last set of pics, with all the ivy and whatnot by the tree, HOW do you clean that out so good? I have been known to just mow over areas like those to get the leafs:laugh: . I do know that a BP blower IS in my future for next fall. I am glad I never have had to deal with THAT many leafs before lol.
  5. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

Nice work:clapping: I was also interested as to how you like the performance of the LW truck loader? what model is it?

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice work ! How much do you charge to dump those leaves ?
  7. dtrap420

dtrap420 LawnSite Member

I love my Little Wonder Loader. I bought it at the end of last season and cann't remember how I ever did with out it. It saves me so much time. The reduction is pretty good on it but could be better for me. It is better than the Billy Goat piles I see at the dump. I can get any of those piles in the pics all fit into one load. I am using my 16'x6.5' trailer with 6.5 foot sides on it so it will hold a lot of leaves. For average sized yards we can get 2-4 yard on one trailer depending on how dry and fluffy they are. We usually get into the trailer after every 15-20 min. of loading and smash everything down even more than the wonder packs them in already. To dump the trailer full is between $70-$100 depending on how wet the leaves are because the dump does it by weight. They most weight I have had on one dump this year was 4700 pounds of leaves. I get all of the ivy beds so clean by just dragging my Little Wonder 5hp or Billy Goat 10hp blower right through the beds. That all ways does the trick for me. If not the 620 Echo backpack's will finish them off.
    Thanks for checking the pics out.