got me agian!!!!

Discussion in 'Stolen Equipment' started by LawncareAmericaLLC, Jul 5, 2008.

1. LawncareAmericaLLC

LawncareAmericaLLC LawnSite Senior Member

July 5 between the hours of 3:00am -7:00am stole a 1997 chevy 1 ton dually green in color a 21.5ft cargo mate enclosed trailer white in color out of my driveway in casco township. trailer was full of equipment, all exmark mowers and red max trimmers, edgers and blowers. if anyone sees or hears anything PLEASE let me know. truck has a logo with our names on the side cant be hard to miss. our number on the truck is 1-888-510-Lawn and info would be greatly apperciated. thanks

2. kleankutslawn

kleankutslawn LawnSite Bronze Member

sorry to here that. was the trailer locked up?

3. LawncareAmericaLLC

trailer and truck were locked up. they had to jimmy the door and hot wire the truck to steal. come to find out two house down from me they found a honda pilot stolen just sitting there. So im guessing the stole the car seen my truck and said thats a bigger catch and left the car and took the truck & trailer.

4. LawncareAmericaLLC

Still searching for equipment in southeast michigan truck and trailer mostly can buy new equipment. 28 mile and i-94 area probaly made its way to the city of detroit, any info or if anyone see a big green dually crew cab just sittin gplease let me know. i will be putting tracking system on all new equipment and truck so i hope they try it agian.

5. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

did you check down at 7 and vandyke?

6. LawncareAmericaLLC

why would you ask me that? what sat 7 & van dyke?

7. Sharpcut 1

Sharpcut 1 LawnSite Senior Member

Flea market better known as the "hot market". Lots of stollen lawn equipment there. Know somebody who had eqipment stolen. Went down to the market, found some of it (it was even engraved) called the cops. They told him to buy it back if he wanted it so badd. They could only get the guy for possesion of stolen property. Not worth their time. It's a "victomless crime" LOL One of our customers who had a Dixie Chopper stolen is a detroit cop out of the 6th precient. He said he did'nt even bother to file a report, it was worthless. His chopper was 10 years old at the time, and he did'nt have any insurance. Good luck finding your stuff. A lot of the trucks and trailers end up being recovered, but i have never heard of the equipment showing up.

8. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Right well around here "possession" is a felony but what you speak of is not unheard of either, that is the number ONE reason I never call the police, forget those guys here's what you do:
    1. Just grab your doggone equipment, if you see what's yours to begin with you take it back.
    2. No fool will say a word to you but if anyone does grab that SOB by the throat and read him your mind.

The end.

9. Fert33

Fert33 LawnSite Member

Sorry to hear that. If your insurance company cuts you a check quickly, you can have newer equipment, and be up and running in no time. It is still an added stress that you don't need mid-season. Good luck! You are insured?

10. juspayme

juspayme LawnSite Senior Member

dude sorry its gone,

those thieves are professionals. they get like semi trailers so when they steal it they just drive it in semi traiers and the semi takes it to where its cool. sale off the equipment. as far as the dump, crooked bone yard piece them out.

its like a person is going to have to build a garage jus so people wont steal there stuff, bunk.