Got me back

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tiedeman, Aug 17, 2004.

1. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

ok, I take care of this business where I mow it. Lately the mowing has been kind of iffy (in regards to whether it needs to be mowed or not). I have only skipped the mowing once, and there were probably 3 iffy times.

So the other day I go in for a service at this business and I get my bill which is huge compared to previous times. I pay it, not complain, and leave. But I can't get the feeling out of my head that he overcharged me on purpose to get back at me for the mowing. Am I crazy for thinking this?

2. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

Oh yeah, they're bending you over. If your bill was identical work to before (whatever that may be) and it's higher now, they're spankin' you.

3. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

I would hope someone wouldn't do this. The way I see it, we spend a ton of extra time double mowing, etc in the Spring, why not breeze through them now. The garbage man collects even if I forget to put the trash out, etc. This is our job, they have to realize that.

4. HighGrass

HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA

I'm sorry, why didn't you ask? Did I miss something?

5. tiedeman

from earth

well I didn't want to open up a can of worms in regards to losing him as a customer, and also he is the only one in area that provides the service that I need

6. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

What service are you referring to?

7. tiedeman

from earth

he's a Vet...and the best in the area. And I do mean the best, that is why he is the only one for service

8. HighGrass

from Z5 MA

What can of worms? He's charging you more than before for the same thing? The only can of worms seems like is in his court.

9. HighGrass

from Z5 MA

Ahh....that explains it. I think I would still question it unless it's REALLY uncomfortable. Plus if it's not that much different, you may just want to blow it off and see what happens next time. Good veterinarians are hard to find. My Dad was one!:)

10. tiedeman

from earth

I probably should have phrased it a little bit better for less confusion, this went off in a different direction that I tought it would. I basically wanted to know if anybody else had experience where they thought they were getting screwed over because of high bills they presented to the business.

Ok, he did more than usual test on the animals, which resulted in a higher bill than normal. He has never done these tests before, and so I was wondering whether he was doing these test on purpose to get back some money, or whether the test were needed. So....the first thought that popped in my mind was, "he is getting me back for mowing when it didn't need it." Now I just let him go because he is a professional and knows what he is doing, but the whole time I was thinking this.