1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Got me thinkin'

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Frontier-Lawn, Apr 21, 2006.

1. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

i was on my way to a job yesterday and saw a Lawn & Landscape Maintenance Company's enclosed trail with the company on it and below it said we only use these quality products on your property. Exmark, Sthil, & Lesco (3 logos). so my question is does this really work to get more clients?
  2. mrbray101

mrbray101 LawnSite Senior Member

I would think to a lot of homeowners those three brands/logos mean nothing. If anything it might give a more professional appearance but I wouldnt think it would draw a lot of business.
  3. Surf'n'Turf

Surf'n'Turf LawnSite Senior Member

Unless you have some kind of sponsorship and they are giving you free equipment to use and evaluate, it doesn't matter. I could see if a plumber put We Use Kohler fixtures on his truck because they have strong brand recognition and are widely accepted as a quality product. Average homeowner does not know the difference between Exmark and Black & Decker nor do they care.
  4. Bustus

Bustus LawnSite Member

I don't think any average homeowner would notice the difference. Remember they don't cut their own lawns, which is why they call you, so they likely don't understand. It seems like free advertisement for the companies. The only thing I can see this doing is give the lco an opportunity to say that many companies use worse brands which can affect the look of your lawn, which is unlikely in reality.
  5. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

i was thinking for me i would only put the jd logo and say we use there equipment. Everone knows jd :)
  6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I sincerly doubt it.
  7. CutInEdge Lawn Care

CutInEdge Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Tread lightly here. Unless you are a Franchise Dealer, or one of their subsidirearies you more than likely cannot put these logos on your business card, signs, advertising, trucks, trailers, etc... Legally I donot believe this would be a wise move. Yes you can wear Honda, JD, Kubota gear but to physically advertise would be a no no for me. Just my .02 stupids
  8. NEPSJay

NEPSJay LawnSite Senior Member

i think its just an ego thing to put stuff like that on a trailer, so the compitition will see.:weightlifter: