1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Got me too!

Discussion in 'Stolen Equipment' started by Green Leaves, Jul 19, 2008.

1. Green Leaves

Green Leaves LawnSite Member

Monday night, cut the fence to the yard at the rear, pryed the door lock mechanism off of the side door of the trailer.
    Stolen: 4 Shindawai 261 weed whips
    5 Redmax 7001 backpack blowers
    1 Shindawai 261 stick edger, and the toolbox to boot.

Be as careful as you can and hope for the best. They are at it strong here in Michigan.
  2. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

Guess it's time for you guys to start camping out in your trailers a few nights a week. Shouldn't take more than 3 incidents of thieves getting a bullet in their head when they open the door to either get rid of the ones that were doing it, or make the other ones think about it before trying it.
  3. MowHouston

MowHouston LawnSite Bronze Member

God man that sucks. Was it all insured?

There's almost nothing you can do. If someone wants something bad enough you know? I hope you're able to find a good alternative for locking your stuff up. Good luck.
  4. Green Leaves

Yes, insured but they depreciate the value. Not an actual replacement check. I have the hassle of providing receipts and serial numbers in order to collect probably less than half. Now the guys unload the trailer every night and load it again every morning. Trailer is kept unlocked and empty. Kinda sucks having to do that to an enclosed trailer. As you know it is always something.
  5. humble1

humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA

i second that!
  6. zz4guy

zz4guy LawnSite Senior Member

Did you check the local pawn shops?
  7. Eakern & Dog

Eakern & Dog LawnSite Senior Member

Is there any wat you can back the trailer up against a wall or a power pole..............or something like it to where the doors can't open all the way ?
  8. LawncareAmericaLLC

LawncareAmericaLLC LawnSite Senior Member

were is your shop i just got robbed 4th of july weekend by 28 & i-94 area, just trying to see if there connected. thanks
  9. Green Leaves

Novi. United got 3 trucks and trailers stolen the weekend before me. Novi also.
  10. LawncareAmericaLLC

LawncareAmericaLLC LawnSite Senior Member

that crazy, did you check for your stuff at 7 & van dyke? that were everything goes