Got my 32" WB today.

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Grits, Feb 9, 2007.

1. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

It was delivered today. For those that gave me suggestions for getting it off the truck, here is how I did it. Earlier in the week the shipping company called me to verify everything. We talked about all the details and about how to get it off the truck. She said, 60 bucks and we'll send a truck with a lift-gate. I said hell yeah. the driver called me today and let me know he was on his way and I met him at the house. He put the mower right up by garge door. Here's a BIG THANK YOU to Fed Ex, they did a great job with my delivery.
    I will be using the 32 as a back-up to my 48 and to get in gated yards....lot of those around here.
    If you haven't ever had a mower shipped to you.....well, let me just say that I think the steel cage it was in had to be built around it. It took me about an hour to get it out safely. But that's a good thing. Anywho, later.

2. StBalor

StBalor LawnSite Senior Member

What kind di you get and what was the cost? I am also lookig to buy a 32" mower.

3. Matts lawn care

Matts lawn care LawnSite Senior Member
    from MD

any pictures?

4. echeandia

echeandia LawnSite Bronze Member

You never mentioned where or what you bought. I'd love to know.

5. Grits

from Florida

It is a Redhawk. I saw an ad in the latest Turf mag from Midwest Equipment and Supply Co., Inc. They are having a close-out sale on Redhawk mowers. They have the 32" for $975. I was on the look-out for a smaller mower and thought this was a good deal. I don't care if it is Redhawk, $975 is a good price. I unpacked it and did the little bit of assembly it needed. It seems to be well-built. Just gotta take off the "Made in China" sticker, and it will be good-to-go! :) Seriously, it seems solid. I think it will do a good job to serve it's purpose as a back-up/gated yard mower. I'll try to post pics soon.

6. sikagrass

sikagrass LawnSite Member

Dang for that price I bet it will work.Did they have any 48s?

7. grasswhacker

grasswhacker LawnSite Gold Member

You'll like the 32" for small areas. Too bad it's not hydro, but it should do fine. Did you get a mulching kit with it?

8. Grits

from Florida

Yes, the 48 belt drive is $1500 and the 48 hydro is $2075.

9. Grits

from Florida

Yeah, being just a 32 makes it fairly light. I think the belt drive will be fine. No, I didn't get a mulch kit with it but I am going to just block of the discharge and throw some gators on it. It should be good to go like that.

10. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

Could you give me their website. I would like to look and see if they have a 36 hydro.
    Thanks