1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Got My Backpack Blower Back

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bob, Aug 19, 2000.

1. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

I got my backpack blower back today ,after it fell off my trailer Wednesday.(see other thread-helper mess up). An honest person found it and saw my "lost" ad in the paper. I rewarded him $50. The starter recoil it broken as well as the plastic casing around the engine. Since I ordered a new on already,I'll probably fix this on and sell it. I told the helper who lost it that it was returned. He wanted to pay for the repairs but I told him no. I said you learn from your mistakes, You"ll never make this one again!
  2. eslawns

eslawns LawnSite Senior Member

Good for you. Ever hear that virtue is its own reward? The good guys won today. I hope I can be as understanding as you when this happens to me.
  3. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

So there are some good people left in the world, or did you post the reward in the lost ad too!!! You got lucky though, I guess! Congrats Bob!!
  4. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Glad to hear you got it back. I wonder if I'll get the stuff back that was stolen 2 years ago, NOT
  5. cos

cos LawnSite Addict

had my truck stolen with equip. in the back. still havent seen that snapper 48" wb but i have the serial #s and just let me find some dirty, no good grass cutter with it. The police would have to restrain me from hurtin the fool.
  6. Kevin

Kevin LawnSite Member
    from S.E. PA

Cos, Maybe let the local shops/dealers know your are "looking " to buy a used snapper 48"wb and see if any show up. Sorry to here about your loss.
  7. cos

cos LawnSite Addict

I did that and nothing. I even used look at other people cuttin grass to see if they had an old snapper 48". I cut my loses and accepted as that (a loss). we learn lifes lessons everyday, so I now just keep my eyes open when I walk in a mower shop.
  8. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Bob, you appear to be a class act, good treatment of the employee this time, not sure if it happens again though. :)
  9. Cutter1

Cutter1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Bob...Glad to hear you got it back!!! You handled it like pro, couldn't have done it better myself!!