Got my Cheetah in FINALLY...small review

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by slowleak1, Aug 24, 2012.

1. slowleak1

slowleak1 LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah, I am definitely investing in one asap. On the right side tank there is a blank plate. Looks like there should have been stuff mounted there..guess it will be a great spot to put one.

2. StanWilhite

StanWilhite LawnSite Silver Member

My Lightning came with one, I just assumed that since Scag is thought of as one of the very best mowers built, that it would have one.

3. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

What do I need a tack for?

4. TNGrassCutter

TNGrassCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

Hang some paper on a cork board?
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. StanWilhite

They're just so common place I was just surprised to find out that particular mower didn't have one. If I'm remembering correctly some of the Scag's come from the factory with one don't they?

It's just nice (for me anyway) to be able to check from time to time to make sure the engine is still turning what it should turn at full throttle.

6. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

A tach is VERY important, and IMO should be standard on every mower. Especially now since just about every manufacturer has gone to a digital hour meter anyway.

I'm not 100% sure, but dont think SCAG ever offered a factory tach. I was only aware of DC, and as you say, Bad Boy.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. StanWilhite

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

8. slowleak1

Another small update without pics...lol

Underside of deck is EXTREMELY clean even after about 10 hours of cutting wet grass.

I noticed some paint chipping off of the deck, down to bare clean metal. Shoddy paint job for sure. Still havent worked out the issues with the speed either, hopefully next week I can get everything straitened out.

9. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

If you see a problem with their paint, you definitely should bring it to their attention; user feedback is what brings a companies quality control to the production of a superior product, instead of an inferior product.

10. slowleak1

Little update since I haven't updated this thread in a while. Dropped the machine off at the dealer today for it running slow, smoking heavily on start up, pulsing hydros and paint chipping. The mechanic says there is nothing that can be done to increase ground speed, and that I over filled the motor with oil and thats why it smokes. I haven't touched it since I bought it so he is full of $hit. Waiting to hear back from them about what they are going to do.
    Posted via Mobile Device