1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

got my "Director" ocdc yesterday

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GarPA, Mar 4, 2004.

1. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

finally ordered one of these...well made, simple design, good install instructions. Looking forward to the improved productivity with this little gizmo. Mower mfrs should considee partnering with York Sheet Metal to have these come from the factory on all new mowers.....would for sure give them a marketing edge and $300 is nothing if included in the new price for the mower
  2. hartlawnmain

hartlawnmain LawnSite Member

I guess I'm stupid or something, but what is a OCDC? I guess I just don't recognize the initials.
  3. MasterForm

MasterForm LawnSite Member

OCDC = O perator C ontrolled D ischarge C hute.
  4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

There was a guy at the Metro Detroit Green Industry Expo that had a cheap knock-off if this. He just had a pull lever that slid through an eyehook. Up, or down. No adjustments or increments.
  5. WAGS LandL

WAGS LandL LawnSite Member

I have one on each of my mowers and they are worth their weight
    in gold. You will be amazed at the time you save with this thing.
    One tip, when you lock the director open angled down, it is
    perfect for blowing off walks and the edges of driveways and
    parking lots.
    Have fun and good luck!
  6. GarPA

from PA

yep WAGS this thing should be a real productivity booster. Its sooo simple in design. I told the marketing guy at York Sheet Metal that they should try to get in with the mower mfrs and have these things installed from the factory. The mower company that has these on a new machine would certainly have an edge over the competition...and so inexpensive at $240...pays for itself in a couple of mowing days
  7. GarPA

from PA

the main reason I walk away from most residentials is I cant put the Z on them and not have the hassle of clippings blowing into planting beds. Now thats no longer a showstopper for us

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

I'm looking at a new Exmark or Toro, Z , (500 /Lazer). The web site does not say anything about fitting on a Toro. Do you Know if they make one to fit Toro? That would sway my decision to Exmark.
  9. WAGS LandL

WAGS LandL LawnSite Member

I do 90% residential and love it. I live in York and mow the home
    of the ex-pres. of York Sheet Metal and I sub-mow for the guy
    who designed the Director. They used my 48" LHP for the pattern
    last winter. You will love the results.

I am not sure but the last I knew the Director does not fit on the
    Toro decks. I know it does not fit on the SFS deck. The Director
    was designed for exmark decks (all the Lazers and they have them for the walk-behinds know too). They do have them for
    Scag riders now. But with that said go exmark all the way, you
    will not be disappointed.
  10. GarPA

from PA

well I often admit I dont know much about commercial mowers as I've only been around them for a few years. One thing I do know for sure is that my hp52 will go just about anywhere, takes a lickin and keeps tickin, and makes a fabulous cut.

and can handle multiple acre properties with speed.

I'm still amazed how much money this relatively small machine earns for me and with the Director