1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

got my first 12 month contract!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by promower, Feb 26, 2006.

1. promower

promower LawnSite Bronze Member

WOOOHOOO! I have pushed for 12 month fixed rate contracts for a year now and I finally landed one. 2 acre 71 unit condo, lawn maintenance, hedge trimming, and snow.

2. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Congrats on the contract!

3. B&D Lawn Care

B&D Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah good luck w/ it.

4. heather lawn sp

heather lawn sp LawnSite Senior Member

Good going!

and remember you signiture line

5. ICE

ICE LawnSite Member

AWESOME! I am a little jealous, I could never get even one! Good job and good luck! :clapping:

Tim :cool2:

6. sikagrass

sikagrass LawnSite Member

I only have two commercial properies that pay year around but it sure is nice getting a check from them every month. Congrats!

7. FairwayLandscape

FairwayLandscape LawnSite Member
    from LI

GOOD LUCK- we cannot even get past the damn reception people.
    Oh well

Great going though!:usflag:

8. gslawncare

gslawncare LawnSite Member

So what are the clauses for complaints or non-payment. Unless your in bed with the association, they would rather see you starve.

9. beautifullawns

beautifullawns LawnSite Senior Member

We have 3 year round contracts and are trying for 3 more. They are great to have.

10. promower

promower LawnSite Bronze Member

clause for complaint is if there is one we will fix the problem, 2 weeks past due is a 1.5% late fee, 3 weeks past due is suspension of service, and of course all the regular contract terms and conditions. When we had set a time for me to meet with the board it had to be late evening because the residents had doctor appointments during the day.....yeah it's old people and they will be a pita but the pita charge was added to the estimate, fortunately I will be paid very well for the crap I know I will have to deal with. I was actually quite surprised I got the job, they said they were getting 10 estimates, I think a few dropped out, I'm assuming they got around 7, and probably about 4 of the 7 really put some time and effort into the bid. I'm sure I will have some good stories about this account as the season progresses.