Got my first account today

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by sarge38624, Jul 8, 2004.

1. sarge38624

sarge38624 LawnSite Member

I know this is no big deal to anyone else, but I just got my first account. It is a small residential account about a block away from my home.
    Last night, my wife passed out about 40 fliers in my neighborhood, but I didn't expect to get any response this late in the year. Well I was wrong. A lady called this morning and after looking at her yard, we settled on a price. I hope I enjoy this as much as I think I am going to.
    Anyway, I know it is no big deal, but I had to tell someone.:)

2. shiznitttt

shiznitttt LawnSite Member

congratulations! I am still waiting on mine.

3. greenguy04

greenguy04 LawnSite Member

Congrats sarge. I was elated when I got my first account, too. I only have two full time accounts now. I am like you, I started late this season due to my deployment schedule. Good luck on further accounts.

4. l1011100

l1011100 LawnSite Member

Congrats, I started this winter with leaf cleanup and now have 10 customers. I only had 5 two weeks ago. I took out an add in the local paper and my phone is ringing off the hook.

5. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

Congrats on your first account. I've always found that people sign up all season long. Of course the Spring is the busiest, but I've had a good number of customers sign up Sept thru Nov.

Maybe they feel they can give you a trial run at the end of the year, and if they don't like it they just won't return the following spring.

6. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Great Job Sarge38624 !!! :)

7. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Good for you, good luck in the future.

8. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Keep it up

Trevor