1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Got my first contract signed today.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Let it Grow, Feb 20, 2004.

1. Let it Grow

Let it Grow LawnSite Senior Member

This year I've gone to contracts and I sent them all about a week ago. Last year we would just mow, trim, and blow or sweep, and if they wanted anything extra we would bill that seperately. This year I've given them a price for the basic mowing, then the monthly price for about 6 add-on services. So I got this contract back for a really small lawn that takes about 10-15 min. and we were getting about $30/month for it. When I read the contract, they signed up for three other add ons so we will be getting almost $70/month. I hope all my other contracts come back looking that good!!!
  2. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

congrats! I hope my Service Agreements work the same way this year. It's all laid out for them, and they can just pick what services they want, we do the work, they send the check. No more trying to sell services all season.
  3. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

Good deal Let It Grow!!!!

I have found that agreements always lead to more addon jobs because they can see what it costs per month extra. They work for me:) :D :cool:
  4. J Hisch

J Hisch LawnSite Senior Member

I bet you would just crap one day when you send one out thats for tens of thousands.
  5. Let it Grow

Let it Grow LawnSite Senior Member

Ha, yeah I can't wait to see what happens with some of my larger contracts! I'm glad I started using contracts this year instead of waiting!
  6. lawnstripe

lawnstripe LawnSite Member

I am looking at doing contracts this year for the first time.Do you guys make up your own contracts or do you purchase them? I am looking for any advice
  7. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

$30 a month? Is that a typo? If not, could you mow mine for me? Oh and I have a few more to throw your way!
  8. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

I made up my own contracts....I must have done revisions 20 + times!!
  9. rogerslawn

rogerslawn LawnSite Member

$30 a month that is craaaazy. We never mail or leave contracts with customers they tend to change things on their own, we make appointments with each and they can review it at that time.
  10. IndyPropertyCare

IndyPropertyCare LawnSite Member

Wow, I dont feel so bad now..... Our smallest account is $42K annual. How do you guys make it cutting 20 yards a week for 20 & 30 each ?