1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Got My First Cuts, Plus Fert, And Bed Pre-M Down....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by groundsguy1970, Jan 20, 2002.

1. groundsguy1970

groundsguy1970 Banned

Ever since my vacation on the east coast, (I feel sorry for you people who live there!) I have got my cuts down and fert and NORSAC down in my beds plus pruning has started, English Laurels and trees......
    My question is when do all of you guys start?
  2. We will start by March first.
  3. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

Last of February with pre-m. Clean ups first of March mowing second to third week of March. Doing mulching and tree work now.
  4. jason2

jason2 LawnSite Member

Just across the state from you and there's two feet of snow on the ground. We should be starting cleanups in Spokane around mid March, cutting in April.
  5. scagman

scagman LawnSite Senior Member

For mowing March 1, maybe sooner.
  6. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

The 3rd week of March to the 1st week of April, depending on the temps, for mowing. Cleanups and pre-em apps in early March. 6 weeks to go now.
  7. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

What part of the east coast did you visit and why would you feel sorry for those that live here?

I'm 90 minutes from the worlds most beautiful beaches:D and have year round work.
  8. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm with you Homer .... it's 10am n is 72 out .... our Beach is 5 miles down the road ...... our Azaleas are blooming, mowing grass ...... flower installs, trimming n throwing Pre M by mid Feb
  9. groundsguy1970

groundsguy1970 Banned

I went to New Jersey and Pa......
    In the Northwest we have year round work too. I am not one for heat anymore as it NEVER get's HOT here- well, maybe 2 days a year it hits 90.
    Why do I feel sorry for the east coasters? Try their tap water! LOL!:rolleyes: